Content calendars, content calendars...bloggers, you've got to have one! They help to keep you on track and always have the bigger picture in focus. Well, how do you exactly fill up your content calendar? I'm glad you asked! That's what I'm going to talk to you about today!
At the beginning of the month, I shared a post all about Why You Need A Content Calendar For Your Blog, and I had quite a few comments requesting that I share some tips on how to fill your content calendar. While filling your content calendar may be a simple task for some of us, let's be real - we can hit roadblocks and not know what to plan into our content calendar. It definitely happens to me!
I have come up with some easy and simple ways to brainstorm content ideas so that you'll always have something to write about. The best part? These ideas can help you fill up your content calendar (1 month - few months) in just ONE hour! I hope these ideas can be helpful to you!
Set your timer and put yourself to the test!6 Things To Help You Fill Up Your Content Calendar In JUST 1 Hour! Click To Tweet
HOW TO FILL UP YOUR CONTENT CALENDAR IN AN HOUR:
1. Start With Monthly & Quarterly Series // I find that starting by imputing any monthly series I have helps to get my creative juices flowing for content ideas. Monthly series for me include monthly goals and happenings updates. I also scheduled quarterly series in advance, as well. Every quarter I love to do a round-up post of my favorite beauty products for that season. By plugging those in to my calendar way in advance, it helps me to remember those series and to work on them in advance.
2. Work In Any Holiday Posts // Take a glance ahead and see what posts you might want focused on any holidays that are coming up. From Easter, to the 4th of July, to Christmas, plan out what kinds of posts you want to have centered around those holidays. This can include style ideas, planning tips, and more! Don't be afraid to branch out from the typical gift guide posts! Get creative!
3. Keep Your Main Categories In Mind // When you're spending time planning out your content calendar, always keep your main categories in mind. You want to make sure you're hitting all of your main topics and that you don't leave one out. This is also key for making sure you're always maintaining balance. For example, you don't want to post about the same topic twice in a row. Do your best to switch it up! When you're focused on your main categories and balancing them out, your audience will know what to expect from you, but will they'll love having the variety spread out.Always keep your main categories in mind when planning content. Balance is key! Click To Tweet
4. Jot Down Any Collaborations // If you have any sponsored work or collaborations with other bloggers that are happening, be sure to jot them in your calendar the second you have a date for them. If you have an idea for a collaboration and want to reach out to some fellow bloggers, totally do it! Community is essential for a thriving blog. This is a great time to think back about holiday post ideas - maybe you could team up with a blogger on a holiday round-up or fashion post! Get creative with ideas according to your blog's niche/focus. This is also the perfect time to think if any posts you have planned already could be options for sponsored work. Reach out to a brand that you already use and love, and pitch them to see if they might be interested in working with you on a project.
Related Reading: 6 Reasons Why You NEED To Collaborate With Other Bloggers
5. Analyze Your Analytics & Comment Sections // If you're starting to feel stuck on what to schedule into your content calendar, make sure you remember to check in and analyze your Google Analytics, Pinterest analytics, and your comment sections! With Google Analytics, you're able to see what your most-read blog posts are. This helps to see what the majority of your readership enjoys reading the most. Pinterest Analytics are important for this reason, as well - it lets you see what your most pinned content is. Whenever someone is experiencing writer's block, I encourage them to look in the comment section of their most popular posts. Often times you'll find inspiration from your commenters, never mind some suggestions for blog posts! You'd be surprised what you could find there.
Related Reading: How To Come Up With New Post Ideas
6. Refer Back To Your Blog's Mission Statement // Something that I think every blogger needs to keep in mind at all times during their blogging career is their blog's mission statement. If you don't already have a mission statement for your blog, get on that ASAP. Your blog's missions statement doesn't have to be some crazy long essay, it just has to be a sentence or two that sums up the purpose of your blog. It's important to refer back to your blog's mission statement, because you want to make sure you're staying true to your blog's mission throughout all of the content you post.Never lose sight of your blog's mission statement. Always remember what your purpose is! Click To Tweet
What are some ways that you plan out your content calendar? If you don't yet, are you going to give it go? I'd love to hear how this works out for you!