This post was sponsored by Nature Made® as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Do you ever just get in a state of mind where you just feel "bleh" about everything, including yourself? I know I do and I never enjoy when these times happen. As someone who's a realist, it can be hard to combat these thoughts and attitudes all of the time. While I think it's important to allow yourself to think through those thoughts and to feel those emotions, I think it's even more important to reach for a better feeling and state of mind.
As humans, we're often our own worst critics. But friends, it doesn't have to be that way! We should be our number one cheerleaders! Sure, that may sound cheesy, but it's true. When you genuinely cheer yourself on, you'll find that you'll be much happier overall. Even in the tough times, if you believe in yourself, you'll be able to find the joy and push to keep on going.10 Ways To Feel Better About Yourself Click To Tweet
When I'm feeling down and out, I have certain things and ways that have helped me snap back to my true self. Today, I want to share 10 of those tips with you! I hope that at least a few of these will resonate with you to try the next time you're needing to lift your spirits!
10 WAYS TO FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF:
1. Take Time To Reflect // Reflection is so important to your well-being, because it helps you to work through so much in your life. By allowing yourself to time to reflect, you can gain proper perspective about everything around you, as well as learning from those things.
Related Reading: Why Taking Time To Reflect Matters
2. Read A Book // If you've been around here awhile, you probably already know that I'm not a huge reader of books. I read blogs on blogs and articles on articles, but for some reason, books do not hold my attention. But, I have been working my way through a couple books recently, and it's been such a refreshing feeling.
3. Keep A Journal // Keeping a journal is so good for your soul! I used to journal all of the time in high school, but ended up drifting away from the art in college. I'm just now getting back into journaling and it's really uplifting to me. Even when I'm writing about the not-so-good days and the sorrows of life, keeping a journal about those experiences help me to grow in a positive way. If you've never kept a journal but you've been thinking about trying it, I want to encourage you to try it!
4. Take Daily Supplements By Nature Made® // As I'm getting older, I have started to take more action about getting and staying healthy. It's really important for me to take daily supplements, and with the changing of the seasons, I needed one that would help my skin retain moisture well. Glow by Nature Made® – Skin Moisture + Sleep have Ceramosides® that help with skin smoothness/firmness/suppleness and hydration by helping form a lipid barrier within your skin to retain moisture for adults with dry skin.* ¥† The melatonin in them helps support sleep.† I take 2 softgels an hour before bedtime each night and Glow by Nature Made® – Skin Moisture + Sleep improves my sleep, while replenishing my skin.
If you're dealing with dry skin with the changing of seasons or if you're simply wanting to sleep better, I recommend giving Glow by Nature Made® – Skin Moisture + Sleep a try! It can be found in the vitamin/supplement aisle of Target, as well as online.
Receive 10% off Target.com (online only) with promo code: GLOW. Coupon offer available from 4/23 - 5/27.
5. Unplug From Electronic Devices // While social media and electronics can be used for so much good, it's still really important to unplug from them once in awhile. Sometimes the reason why I feel so overwhelmed is because I'm so plugged in online. Social media breaks are needed here and there, as well as times to unplug for at least a few hour each day.
Related Reading: 6 Signs You Should Consider Taking A Social Media Break
6. Sleep Well // I don't know about you, but I love sleeping! In high school and college, I was seriously a nap queen... and I may or may not still be one. When you sleep well, you're allowing yourself the resting time you need to wake up and take on the world. When you're lacking in the sleep department, you're going to be laggy and sluggish, which doesn't help if you're trying to break a rut. So, if you're wanting to feel better about yourself, make sure you're sleeping well!
7. Set Goals & A Schedule // When I'm feeling down and know I need to refocus, one of the first things I usually do is set some goals to accomplish. They're usually some short-term, very attainable goals that essentially help me out no matter what. For example, some goals that I might set to feel better about myself is to:
- Complete a task that I have been putting off
- Call a family member
- Do the dishes
- Cuddle with my cat
- Write a love note to my husband
I'm a scheduler by nature, so I find that scheduling my days helps bring me more contentment and joy, even if it's not all fun things I have to do. Setting a schedule helps to keep you on track and accomplish things well.
8. Get Outside // Fresh air helps you more than you realize! If you get outside for just 20 minutes a day, you'll find yourself feeling so good. There's just something about sunshine and crisp air that can perk anyone's mood up. Make time for a walk around the block or even lunch outside. Get out and feel better!
9. Celebrate Yourself // When you're feeling down about yourself, think about all of the things you can celebrate yourself about! What are you good at? What have you accomplished? How far have you come? Think on those things and be proud of yourself.
Related Reading: The Importance Of Celebrating Yourself Regularly
10. Pray! // Prayer is something I can always turn to no matter what, because God is there for me no matter what. From the bad days to the good days, He's always there by my side. Prayer isn't some crazy, magical thing. Prayer is simply conversation with God. It gives me rest and comfort. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." - Philippians 4:6
Simple Ways To Cheer Yourself Up Click To Tweet
These are just 10 simple ways that I have learned to feel better about myself! What are some way you feel better about yourself? Have you tried any of the Glow by Nature Made® products yet? Let's chat!
*For adults with dry skin. ¥ 70 mg of Ceramosides® ‡Biotin may help support healthy hair, skin and nails in those that are biotin deficient.†
†These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to treat, cure, diagnose, or prevent any disease.