This post was sponsored by Minted. As always, I only share brands and products that I genuinely love and believe in, and of course, think you'll love, as well! *Some of these links may be affiliate, meaning that any clicks may result in a small commission to keeping this blog running at no additional cost to you.
Ever since Michael and I have moved into our new rental home, I have been dying to decorate my office to my taste. My new home office is a huge space with lots of wall space and windows, I even have a vaulted ceiling with a skylight. It's a dream! One of the things I knew I wanted to do with my creative space was to create a stunning gallery wall.
Today, I am super excited to be teaming up with Minted to share my entire creative process behind my home office gallery wall!
THINGS I CONSIDERED WHEN DREAMING UP MY GALLERY WALL:
1. Colors & Aesthetic // One of the first things I thought about when dreaming up my gallery wall was the colors that I wanted showcased throughout it. I wanted to keep kind of a calm and welcoming aesthetic to my wall, which for me, interpreted into mostly blues, pinks, and neutrals. When creating a gallery wall, you don't have to be confined to certain colors or an aesthetic if you don't want to - you can make them as eclectic as you'd like! Creativity should never be confined.
2. Pieces I Wanted To Showcase // It was really important to me to showcase pieces that meant a lot to me and that really spoke to me. I chose some pieces that I made and picked up over the years, but it just wasn't enough for my wall. This is where Minted came in and helped me out! I have always been able to turn to Minted for all of my card and stationary needs, so I knew that I'd be able to rely on them for some amazing wall decor. I ended up choosing two beautiful wall art pieces - the first is "Weathered" and the second is "Soft Shimmer No. 1".
3. Variety Of Frames // While I'm one who loves anything bright white for decor, I wanted a variety of colors of frames for my wall decor. I have a great mix of white, gray, and wood. On Minted, you're able to choose if you want your wall art prints framed or not. They have a great variety to choose from! For the "Weathered" print, I chose the light gray wood frame and for the "Soft Shimmer No. 1" print, I chose the natural raw wood frame. Both frames are stunning and were handcrafted in Italy from the finest milled wood.
MAPPING IT OUT:
One of the most important things I did when creating my gallery wall was mapping it out. Like most projects, it's important to plan out the entire project before starting it. The same goes for creating a gallery wall.
- First, I laid out all of the pieces I wanted in my gallery on the floor in front of the wall I wanted to hang them on.
- After that, I start mapping out my gallery by taking the largest pieces and placing them first. One key thing to creating a wall gallery is to not have your largest pieces be the central focus. Instead, start with the larger pieces off-center in some way and build around them. This helps to bring your focus to the entire gallery, instead of one main focal piece. The two largest pieces I used in my gallery were from Minted and I added them to the opposite sides of my gallery wall. After getting the larger pieces in place, I played around with the smaller pieces that I was using until I was satisfied with the layout.
- Then it was time to start hanging the gallery. For mapping it out on the wall, I used washi tape. Washi tape was perfect to use for scaling and mapping out the entire dimensions of the gallery on the wall itself. I have also heard of others cutting out newspaper the size of the pieces to organize them on the wall first, but the washi tape was enough for me.
- After making sure the scaling was all good to go, I started hanging up the gallery with one of the largest pieces. I kept filling in until it was all put together.
I am beyond happy with my home office wall gallery. I think it came out really great and I'm proud of it! It definitely showcases a sneak peak of my heart.
By creating this gallery wall, I'm feeling inspired to create more in our home. You'll just have to wait and see what I put together for some of the other rooms in our house.
If you've been wanting to create a gallery wall, but have been holding off because you don't know where to start, just give it a go! I wanted to create one for the longest time and I'm so glad that I finally did. It was way easier than I thought it was going to be. Plus, it was a ton of fun! If you've got a wall that's screaming for some loving, try giving it some gallery love! 🙂
Now is the perfect time to make your own gallery wall or simply spruce up your wall decor! Minted is having a MAJOR promotion going on right now for their 9th Anniversary Event! This deal runs from 3/28 - 4/3 - for more information, see their promotions page.
Have you ever created a gallery wall before? What are some of your best tips (styling or planning) to creating one? Are you in need of some new decor? Are you totally going to take advantage of Minted's great offer right now? Let's chat!