This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PurexCrystalFresh #CollectiveBias
Springtime for the most of us includes a good amount of spring cleaning, am I right? Since Michael and I moved at the end of winter, we did a great amount of cleaning then and ever since, have kept up with a cleaning schedule. The bulk of our spring cleaning is all about laundry! With the warm weather finally settling in, it's time to store away the sweaters and break out the tank tops and shorts.
Before storing away our winter clothes, I like to give them a thorough washing so they don't get musty during their time packed away. I do the same for when I break out the warmer weather clothing, too. I wash them before hanging or folding them away where our winter clothing once was.
Today, I wanted to share some laundry hacks that I think everyone needs to know! After all, laundry is something we all have to do, so why not know the best tips and tricks to getting it accomplished to excellence?Laundry Hacks Everyone Needs To Know Click To Tweet
LAUNDRY HACKS EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW:
1. Sort Your Clothing Right Away // So many people tend to complain that laundry takes forever to do. I used to be one of those people until I started sorting my laundry right away. If you sort your laundry the second something is ready to be washed, you'll save yourself the time you spend rummaging through everything.
2. Sort By Color & Texture // Everyone knows that the color longevity of your clothes will last much longer when you sort your laundry by color. All lights are washed with lights, all whites are washed with whites, and all darks are washed with darks. This is a very basic tip that everyone should follow if you want your colors to stay as vibrant as ever. Believe it or not, it's just as important to sort your clothes by texture as it is by color. All garments can vary in weight, which is why it's important to wash clothes with like-weight together. If you're washing a load of thin t-shirts along with heavy pants, you might experience some tearing on the thin t-shirts. Another reason why you should sort by texture is because items that are similar in weight will dry at the same rate, unlike a load with mixed textures.
3. Use Cold Water For Stain Removal // If you have stains that you need to get out of some clothing items, be sure that you're washing them on a cold water setting. Hot water does not remove stains, as it sets the stains into the fabric even more. This can cause some stains to even spread some more. Some stains are more difficult than others so it's important that you research stain removal for stains you're unsure of.
4. Use Purex® Crystals For Freshness // Everyone loves when their clean clothes come out of the wash smelling fresh and lively. I know I do, which is why I use Purex Crystals in my wash each time I do laundry. My two favorite scents are Purex Crystals Lavendar Blossom and Purex Crystals Aromatherapy Serenity. Both scents are relaxing and tranquil, making them the perfect scents for my husband and I.
All you have to do is fill the cap with your desired amount and then pour it directly into the washer with laundry in it. The cap has 3 measuring lines to help guide you to your preferred amount - super convenient!
5. Use Dry-Erase Markers To Mark Items That Shouldn't Go In The Dryer // This is my PRO tip of the day! When you're doing loads and loads of laundry, it can be hard to keep track of what should go in the dryer and what needs to hang dry. To make life simpler, grab some dry-erase markers and mark on the top of the washer what should not go into the dryer. This tip has saved many, many items of mine that I didn't want to shrink or items that were simply delicate. It's a life-changer for sure. Does anyone else use this tip?
Laundry doesn't have to be a hassle for you. This is why I hope these tips can be helpful to you and help transform the way you do laundry.
Which is your favorite tip above? Do you have any laundry hacks of your own that you rely on? Have you ever used Purex Crystals to boost the freshness of your laundry? Let's chat hacks, friends!