Life is a crazy ride for sure, but you know what will make it even more fun of a ride? Taking more risks. There is a time to say "no", but there's also a time to say, "yes!" I'm someone who's always been more cautious about decisions and life, but lately, I have been wanting to step out to take more risks.
I have learned over the years that if you want to live life to the fullest, you have to take risks. Now, I'm not talking about some daredevil type risks, I'm talking about pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone, so that you can learn and grow.Push yourself outside of your comfort zone. You'll learn and grow! Click To Tweet
This year, I chose to have "bold" be my word of the year. I don't want my circumstances to force me into living a timid life. I don't want my struggles with depression and anxiety to keep me from the bravery that I have deep inside of me. I want to step out everyday with a boldness that shakes up the ordinary in my life, and the only way to do this is to take risks.
One of the greatest risks I have decided to take on is being self-employed. I'm a full time blogger who has side hustles selling LipSense and working with bloggers on blog consultations. While this is something I have been working for very hard over the past couple years, it's still very scary to me that I'm actually able to do what I love full time. I'm often nervous that I'm going to let myself down, which would lead to letting my loved ones down. With the support of my husband and cheering on from all of you, it makes this risk seem so worth it, even if I haven't achieved my goals yet.
I know that being self-employed is a huge risk in many ways, but it's one that I know I'm going to learn and grow in either way. If I fail, I will have learned what worked and what didn't, and I'd become more wise because of it. If I succeed, I'm going to blossom into more than I can imagine right now. If I chose to stay safe and work a regular 9-5, one that I wasn't passionate about, I wouldn't happy or growing. I would simply be stagnant.I'd rather put myself out there and risk it all, than to stay stagnant and unmalleable. Click To Tweet
For me, I'd rather put myself out there and risk it all, than to stay stagnant and unmalleable.
It's my hope that you want that for yourself. Risks look different for everyone, and I absolutely love that. What might be a risk for someone else, might not be the same for another. Please remember - that's perfectly okay. Stay in your own lane and stay focused on what risks you should be taking, and through those risks, let yourself grow.5 Reasons Why You Should Talk More Risks Click To Tweet
WHY YOU SHOULD TAKE MORE RISKS:
1. Grows Your Confidence // When you choose to step out and take a risk, you're growing the confidence you have in yourself. This is a good thing! When you're more confident in yourself and your abilities, you'll be able to go after what you want with more passion and power. Now remember, there's a difference between being confident and being cocky, so always keep yourself accountable to that.
Related Reading: 5 Ways To Be More Confident
2. There Are More Opportunities // Taking risks is usually uncomfortable in some way, but taking risks always open doors for more opportunities. You never know what might come your way when you decide to take the first step. Step out and learn something new or pursue an old dream - you never know what might come your way from doing so. You just might find your calling or the key to achieving your dreams.
3. You Always Learn // Whether the risk you take ends up being the right decision or not isn't really what it comes down to. Instead, it all comes down to if you've learned anything from the risk or not. I would hope that for every risk you take that you learn at least one new thing. If you happen to fail, don't fret. Instead, focus on what you could do differently next time. Look to find what you learned that made you wiser and stronger. Don't let yourself get negative about failing. If you succeed, then awesome! Reflect on your success and journey to see all that you've learned.
4. Forces You To Exercise Your Creativity // When you decide you're going to jump all into a risk, you'll find you're forced to exercise your creativity. Your creative instincts will kick in when you become open to new ideas and need to figure out a way to achieve something. This will help you figure out different ways to get things done. I think you should always be growing your creativity, and taking a risk here and there will definitely help that.
5. Gets You More Comfortable With Change // As humans, most of us are not fans of change, but the truth is, change is needed for a full and fulfilling life. When you take risks, you get yourself out of the regular ruts you try to keep yourself in. Sure, comfort is well, comfortable. But you grow more when you stretch yourself to be uncomfortable. Kind of like growing pains, you know? Trying new things forces you to get more comfortable with change.
Are you a risk taker? Or are you not-so excited about taking risks? Tell me below! What was a time you took a risk and it ended up being an amazing experience! What are some other reasons why you should take more risks? Tell me! Let's chat!