This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SoFreshSoFrench #CollectiveBias
The one thing that I really dislike about the wintertime are the blues that can come with it. After the holidays, it's easy for the winter blues to creep their way into our lives. Who can relate? The winter blues are absolutely no fun at all, which is why it's important to be able to come up with methods to beat them each time they try to make their way into our lives.
I think the first step to beating the winter blues is to make sure you're focusing in on self-care. Self-care is something that our culture tends to forget about, which is something we all need to help change. Self-care isn't just about a day off here or there, or indulging in your favorite hobby. Self-care is also about how you live day-today. What is your living space filled with? Darkness or joy? What are you filling your mind with? Junk or goodness? It's important to check-in and ask ourselves these questions once and awhile, especially during the winter.
Today, I'm here to share some of my most simple and effective self-care tips for beating the winter blues. Beating the winter blues doesn't have to be a daunting task at all. Instead, break it down to the areas you need to focus on most, and then really start to care for those certain areas.
5 SELF-CARE TIPS TO BEAT THE WINTER BLUES:
1. Brighten Up Your Living Space // One of the worst things about winter is the lacking amount of light there is. When you go to work, it's dark out. When you get out of work, it's dark out. Since it's so dark outside, it's extremely helpful to go home to a space that is brightened up. Turn on the lights and switch out your holiday decor for some bright accent pieces. If you're a lover of spring, then start to decorate for spring early! Life is too short to not celebrate the things you love. I love brightening up my living space by changing out our dark gray sheets for white bedding, adding fresh blooms to basically every room in the house, and by adding upbeat decor pieces around, like throw pillows and wall art.
2. Awaken Your Senses Of Smell & Touch // In the winter, it's easy to feel bleh. You know what I mean? In order to beat the winter blues and to feel more refreshed, you've got to awaken your senses of smell and touch. One of my favorite ways to awaken both of these senses is to have vibrant and fresh body care products. Le Petit Marseillais™ has some of the most amazing body care products with the most sunny and lively scents. Le Petit Marseillais™ is originally from the South of France, but you'll be able to spot their products in Walmart this March. This carefully-curated collection features 17 products, located in the specialty bath & body aisle, where loofahs are sold. You can also find these products online at Walmart.com.
Le Petit Marseillais™ has the best Orange Blossom scent that I have ever smelled - it really helps to elevate your mood just from smelling it. I have their Orange Blossom Extra-Gentle Hand Soap and their Orange Blossom Extra-Gentle Shower Crème Body Wash. Whether I'm starting my day off with a relaxing shower or if I'm washing my hands after cleaning, my spirit is uplifted from the sweet scent of Le Petit Marseillais™ products. The body washes are paraben-free, phthalate-free, pH balanced, and not tested on animals.
3. Check In On Basic Self-Care // Self-care should always be one of your top priorities, because without proper self-care, you can easily get caught in a rut. In the wintertime, I like to think self-care should be even more of a focus than usual. This is simply for the fact that in the winter we can easily feel down. Making sure you're eating right, getting up and moving, and taking part in things you love are all key components of proper self-care.
One of my favorite things about self-care is that I'm able love on myself! In the winter, I get the worst dry skin so it's important for me to rely on a body lotion that I know I can depend on time and time again. This winter, I have been using Le Petit Marseillais™ Shea Butter, Sweet Almond & Argan Oil Nourishing Body Milk Lotion. Yes, it is as hydrating and comforting as it sounds. I have always been a sucker for Shea Butter, and it's even more amazing paired with Sweet Almond and Argan Oil.
Le Petit Marseillais™ is sunny, spirited, and joyful - perfect for everyone! Their scents will bring you to the countryside of France - simply and breezy!
5 Self-Care Tips To Beat The Winter Blues Click To Tweet
4. Clear Up Clutter // I don't know about you, but clutter overwhelms me and makes me want to curl up in a ball and hide, haha. Ever since moving into our new home, I have been making sure to clear up any clutter that's around on the daily and it's really improved my mood and productivity!
5. Listen To Your Favorite Music // Music is something that always helps me feel better whenever I need a lift in my mood. If I end up listening to music that's super emotional and sad, I can end up feeling that way, as well. Don't get me wrong, I love raw music! I just think you need a go-to upbeat playlist or record to turn to during the winter to listen to anytime you need a little pep in your step. One of my upbeat wintertime playlists is below! Enjoy!
What are some of your favorite self-care tips to beat the winter blues? Do you like to brighten up your space or listen to a fun playlist? Are you going to stop by Walmart and grab some Le Petit Marseillais™ products to liven your senses and to brighten up your mood?