When was the last time you had time to yourself? Like complete solitude where you could just focus on yourself for a little while? Now, before you get into the excuses...let me ask one more question. When was the last time YOU allowed yourself to have that time?
If you've had some "me time" recently, that is awesome! I am proud of you and I hope you can continue to carry that on. If you haven't had some "me time" recently, why haven't you allowed yourself to? I'm sure many of you will exclaim how overwhelming work is or how you can't get anytime to yourself because you're a parent. Friends, you haven't had any "me time" for one main reason - you haven't made it a priority.If you haven't had alone time lately, it's because you haven't made it a priority. #truthbomb Click To Tweet
Having time to yourself should be a priority for everyone, just how self-care should be a priority for everyone. We need alone time to refresh ourselves and to stay in tune with ourselves. I used to never give myself rejuvenating alone time simply because I thought that I needed a ton of time to dedicate to it. That's really not the case at all. Any time that you can get to yourself can be "me time" if you intentionally choose to make it that.
Related reading: All About Making Self-Care A Priority
4 MAIN REASONS WHY YOU NEED TO MAKE "ME TIME" A PRIORITY:
1. People Are Draining // People are draining. Point blank. It's simply fact. If you spend all of your time with people, even really good friends, you'll find yourself exhausted and in dire need of alone time. This is true even for extroverts. Both extroverts and introverts need times alone with themselves. When you spend time alone before investing time into others, you'll find that the time you end up spending with others will be more appreciated and intentional.
2. To Clear Your Mind // Clutter is no good, especially when it comes to your mind. By spending time alone, you can more easily filter out any clutter than could be causing you stress. When you try to filter out the bad from the good when you're in the presence of others, there's more chaos and pressure, so you most likely won't be able to give yourself the best clarity. Get alone with yourself and discover clarity.
3. To Exercise Thinking Deeply // When you're surrounded by the thoughts and opinions of others, it can get tiring and can clog up your view of what your thoughts and opinions are. Thinking deeply is something that I think everyone should exercise, because it helps you understand things more and it helps you to solve problems better when you need to.
4. To Find & Remember Your Own Voice // When you're constantly taking in from everything around you, your own voice can get lost in the hustle and bustle. If you don't make "me time" a priority in your life, it'll be easier for you to forget about your own voice, and you can grow unhappy. Without alone time, you may lose sight of what really matters to you, both the big and small things. When "me time" is a priority in your life, you can find your own voice and remember it. "Me time" is meant to recharge your true self, so that you can be the best version of yourself when you're out in the world.
SOME REFRESHING ACTIVITIES TO DO BY YOURSELF:
- Take a nap.
- Go for a walk outside.
- Write down what you're grateful for.
- Listen to your favorite band.
- Go for a long drive.
- Sit in silence for 10 minutes.
- Take a hot bath.
- Paint something, even if you don't think you're good at it.
- Read a book.
- Go to a coffee stop and people watch.
- Set a spending limit and go shopping for a new outfit.
- Try a new workout.
- Go to bed early.
- Go to a matinee movie.
- Tour a museum.
- Go on a hike.
- Watch your favorite movie.
- Bake your favorite dessert.
- Create a list of fun life goals.
- Take on a home improvement project.
- Unplug from social media.
- Complete a random act of kindness.
- Order your favorite takeout food.
- Get a massage.
- Go thrifting.
You'd be surprised at how many things there are to do out there by yourself. Some are more typical than others, but they all can be refreshing in their own way. "Me time" doesn't have to be boring - you should never make it out to be a chore. Instead, "me time" should be something you look forward to, as you're able to invest into yourself without any distractions. If having alone time isn't a priority in your life right now, are you wanting and willing to make it one now?
Today, I am teaming up with some really amazing bloggers to host TWO bundle giveaways in honor of both Chelsie and I's birthdays! My birthday was March 16th and Chelsie's was March 25th! The giveaway consists of two different bundles: 1. a bundle of some of my favorite items 2. a bundle of some of Chelsie’s favorite items!
What's in Summer's Favorites Bundle?
- ColourPop’s Lyin’ King Ultra Satin Lipstick
- ColourPop’s Avenue Ultra Matte Lipstick
- Urban Decay’s All Nighter Setting Spray
- A Mug
- Starbucks Gift Card
What's in Chelsie's Favorites Bundle?
- Morphe Palette
- Pair of Simple Addiction Leggings
- Trio of ColourPop Lippies
- Ulta Gift Card
The giveaway runs from Monday, March 27th to Monday April, 3rd at midnight. Want a chance to win one of the bundles? Complete as many tasks as you want to enter! The more you enter, the more chances you have to win! All entries will be verified before the winners are contacted and announced on the widget. Please enter fairly. Giveaway accounts are automatically disqualified. Best of luck!
What's your favorite thing about "me time"? Is it the fact that you get some true alone time or is it the fact you can spend it on an activity you enjoy? If you're just now making alone time a priority in your life, what's your main reason for doing so? What are some of your favorite activities to do alone?