This post was sponsored by Weight Watchers as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.
I love fresh starts, which is why I’m such a fan of the blank slates that every new year brings. It’s important to take time to reevaluate the way you’re living – habits, health, time management, and more. New years are a great time to take that time to reset. Have you done so yet? I have! I have many goals and things I’d like to accomplish this year that will help me grow into an overall better and healthier person.
One of my greatest personal goals for the year is to change my eating habits and to start working out again. Growing up, I was a dancer who was always in the studio training and learning, so naturally I was always in really good shape. I was in such good shape that even if I pigged out on sweets and carbs, it didn’t show.
During my first year of college, that all changed for me. I was still dancing four days a week, but instead of 4+ hours a day, it was only 2 hours a day. My college training was nowhere even close to the tough training I received during high school, as it was only for two separate dance teams. While I didn’t gain the freshman fifteen, I did gain a solid ten pounds. I lost a good portion of that weight, but overtime and as I have been getting older, it’s been harder and harder to get to the weight and fitness I’d like to be at.
Today, I’m going to share with you some simple tips that I’m focusing on to get back into good shape even more importantly, good health!
5 SIMPLE TIPS TO BECOMING A HEALTHIER YOU:
1. Come Up With A Realistic Plan // If you find yourself setting a goal to lose 10 pounds in a week, you’re probably going to be disappointed with yourself. Instead of setting super high goals for a short amount of time, take time to develop a realistic plan. Be honest with yourself. Decide what a good goal is and plan the amount of time you’re going to focus on it. What has worked best for me is setting an overall goal for the month and then dividing that goal into smaller, more attainable goals for each week during that month. So far, so good! I recommend trying the same.
2. Eat Breakfast Everyday // As someone who usually feels sick when I eat breakfast in the early morning, this goal has been hard for me. In the past, I have found myself doing really well for a certain amount of weeks, but then before I know it, I’m back to not eating breakfast. Instead of eating breakfast right when I wake up, I’m waiting an hour. This has been huge for me!
3. Exercise Everyday // When I used to set exercising everyday as a goal of mine, I convinced myself that it had to be a long period of time of a workout. Let’s be real, that’s not always a reality for every single day. I do better when I workout for ten minutes a day and then slowly move up from there. This has been really intentional for me. I don’t have to set aside a chunk of my day aside for exercise, instead I can just plan a good 15-25 minutes each day to keep myself feeling good. Exercising everyday helps to build up your metabolism, which overall helps you get to a healthier you.
4. Stop Drinking Calories // One of my greatest downfalls about my intake has been the amount of calories that I would drink. From specialty drinks at the coffee shop to a thirst-quenching soda, I was drinking way more calories than I should be. If I was to grab a tall (small) Caramel Brûlée Latte from Starbucks, I’d immediately be downing 340 calories…and that’s only for a small! Now, don’t get me wrong, I love a good treat! I’ve just had to be more intentional about how often I should have a sweet treat.
5. Conquer Your Cravings With Healthy Snacks // Are you someone who has midday cravings? Are you someone who has late night cravings? If you are, know you’re not alone. I’m with you! I get the strongest cravings for chocolate, chips, and tons of other sweets, but I have found a way to help combat and conquer those cravings. Snacking is totally okay and encouraged throughout the day. Instead of reaching for sweets, reach for a more healthy alternative like Weight Watchers Light Mozzarella String Cheese.
I really love cheese, which is why I love Weight Watchers Light Mozzarella String Cheese for a healthy, go-to snack. String cheese is easy to grab on the go and it’s fun, too! Weight Watchers Light Mozzarella String Cheese is made from milk and tastes amazing! Honestly, I can’t taste the difference between Weight Watchers Light Mozzarella String Cheese and other mozzarella string cheeses out there. Why do I choose Weight Watchers over any other brand? Because it’s way healthier and beyond delicious! Weight Watchers Light Mozzarella String Cheese is only 50 calories per serving (1 SmartPoints per serving.)
Right now at Walmart you can save $1.00 on 2 Weight Watchers Cheese items. This offer begins January 1, 2017 and ends January 31, 2017, and since there are a limited quantity of coupons available, you’ll want to take advantage of this fast! For consumers who are concerned about the taste of the product Weight Watchers is providing a money back guarantee offer valid from January 1, 2017 – April 30, 2017. Full Terms & Conditions as well as rebate details can be found at www.TakeTheGreatTasteChallenge.com.
What are your tips for getting back on track and healthy? Do you love string cheese? Have you ever tried Weight Watchers Light Mozzarella String Cheese? If yes, what did you think of it? If not, are you going to?