This post was sponsored by Wayfair! Thank you for supporting that brands that keep CWS up and brewing!
Hey there! How are ya? Gosh, I am so excited to share today’s post with you. It’s a post I have been very eager to write over the past few months ever since we moved into our home. Today’s post is jam-packed with a ton of goodies!
- You’re getting a sneak peek at my home office! I know, I know… I was hoping to share my entire office reveal by now, but hey, life happens haha. So, I’m sharing only one half of my office today – my workspace.
- I’m giving you tips on how to create an intentional and productive desk space that’ll help you stay focused and motivated on your goals and resolutions.
I have been a complete full-time blogger for just over a year now and it’s been a huge growing experience for me, both in business and in personal life. Working from home is a dream most days but some days it can be really difficult for me. With distractions readily available at all times, the best thing that has helped me stay on task and motivated working from home has been having a productive desk space. While I adapt well to change and different environments, when it comes to working at home, I work much better with a dedicated workspace. When we bought our home I couldn’t wait to start making my office space my own.
Today I’m sharing with you 5 key tips to creating a productive desk space. Whether you work from home or in the office, these tips are helpful in making any workspace a productivity zone.5 Key Tips To Creating A Productive Workspace Click To Tweet
CREATING A PRODUCTIVE DESK SPACE:
1. Have A Clean & Organized Space // This one is one of the basics. If you’re anything like me, you can’t work in clutter. Cluttered spaces aren’t good workspaces because there is simply chaos all around. Clutter also contributes to increased anxiety, which leads to less productivity, as well. Having a clean and organized desk space is one of the essential keys to truly being productive.
Some ways to create & keep a clean desk space:
- Have a daily/weekly de-cluttering schedule (depending on your needs)
- Keep minimal items on your desk while you’re working
- Something to keep in mind: If it doesn’t add value to your motivation or work, then it doesn’t need to be directly on your desk.
- Create organizational systems
- For example, each drawer in my desk has a purpose – general stationery, notebooks/planner, note cards, photography gear (batteries, etc.), receipts, and filing.
- Pencil holders and other dishes that hold paperclips and other odds & ends are a huge help in staying organized.
2. Use Creative Decor That Speaks To Your Personality // The best part about having your own desk space is that you get to decorate it according to your personality and taste. For me, that looks like bright, crisp prints and photos with some earthy decor. I’m in love with mid-century modern decor and I incorporate that a little bit with my decor pieces, even though I have more of a clean modern look to the most of my office space.
Some decor items to add to your space…
- Wall clock
- Corkboard/Dry-erase board
- Wall calendar
- Unique pencil holder/other dishes
- A candle
- Wall prints/framed photos
- Cute mugs for your coffee 😉
I got my corkboard and marble clock from Wayfair, and I love them both! They were both the perfect size for my space. One thing I love about a corkboard is that it’s kind of a collage that I can make full of inspiration.
3. Motivational Prints // One of my all-time favorite ways to decorate my desk space is through motivational prints. I’m sure that’s no secret as you’re looking at my desk space, haha. I just can’t get enough of them! There are days where I start to feel defeated but when I sit back in my chair and look at the motivational and encouraging phrases that I have in my space, they help me to keep moving forward.
Some of my motivational prints/decor read…
- You will kick ass today.
- Work hard, stay humble. (from Wayfair)
- My goal is to create a life I don’t need a vacation from.
- The Imperfect Boss mantra
- “Go to work utterly dependent on God. Without him you can’t breathe, move, think, feel, or work in any way.” – John Piper
What are some quotes and phrases that keep you inspired and motivated? Print them out for your workspace!
4. Always Have Sticky Notes On Hand // Friends, sticky notes are my BFF’s when it comes to staying motivated. I’m someone whose mind is always running and thinking, which can sometimes lead me to get distracted. I’ll start another task without finishing the one I was already working on, and then everything becomes a jumbled mess, haha. Does anyone relate?!
This is why it’s KEY for me to have sticky notes and even notebooks by my side while I’m working throughout the day. When I think of another task I need to accomplish or dream up a new idea, I can simply jot it down and continue on with what I really need to be working on at that moment.
I’m not typically a pen & paper kind of girl, but when it comes to little reminders like these and to-do lists, that’s how I roll. Plus, they say that writing something down on paper helps you log it into your memory better.
5. Natural Light/Good Lighting // Natural light is seriously my savior when it comes to feeling motivated and inspired. Back when Michael and I were first married, we lived in a tiny apartment that got absolutely no natural light and the lighting in the apartment was awful. It killed my productivity! Seriously. Lighting can have that much of a difference on you.
I’m grateful that my home office gets some of the best natural light in our entire house. I can say with complete confidence that it’s saved my motivation on some of the toughest and tiring days.
I know that having natural light isn’t an easy office essential to acquire for some of you. I have been there and know the struggle. If you don’t have natural light in your workspace, consider getting additional lighting for your space or you can simply upgrade your light bulbs to LED bulbs.
These 5 areas of creating a productive workspace have been hugely influential in continuing to go after my goals and resolutions for 2018! It’s amazing how decor can help increase your productivity and keep you on task when you need to most. For more motivational office decor finds, check out Wayfair! They seriously have something for everyone.How To Create A Productive Desk Space Click To Tweet
How do you stay motivated and productive when working? Do you have your workspace decorated to your taste? Do you have inspirational sayings in your space? What are some absolute must-haves for your desk space?
How are you doing on your goals for 2018? Are you working hard on them?