This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #WhatMakesDove #CollectiveBias
Something this world needs to get better at is loving and building up one another, especially when it comes to women encouraging other women. I’m a huge believer in the term “community over competition”, and I feel that’s a term every woman should adopt when it comes to uplifting other women.
Women are powerful and we need to be there for one other. Instead of judging and tearing each other down, we need to be speaking life into each other. Women need other women! We need to stop being caddy and support one another. We need to be doing life together.
One of the main topics I love encouraging other women in is the importance of self-care. Self-care should not be an option for anyone. It needs to be mandatory. Without proper tending to self-care, you can get dragged down and exhausted emotionally and physically, as well as many other ways. I know what can come of neglecting self-care, which is why it’s my heart to encourage other women to take up a life full of self-care.
It always brings me joy when I see other ladies having self-care days with one another at the spa or even at home having a girl’s night. One of the beautiful things about self-care is that it looks different for everyone.
I have a heart for pouring into teenage and college-aged women. I have mentored a few young women and the strength that they have through everything is incredible. Those ages carry so much fun to them, but there are also many trials to them. From making genuine friends to not flunking that history class, there are many #thestruggleisreal moments for young women. These years are also years of getting more in-tune with who you are and what you were made to be doing. This is why it’s so KEY for those of us who’ve already gone through these years to reach out and pour into those women who are there now.
When I think back to when I was a college student, one thing I really wished I received more of were care packages. Care packages were so special to me when I got them, not because of what was necessarily in them, but because of the thought and love that they were sent with. It’s my goal to send at least one care package throughout the school year to each of the college ladies that I’m close with. They can be a huge pick-me-up! They can truly turn a bad day around.
Today, I’m sharing my go-to self-care essentials package for any college woman. If you know a lady in college, I’m telling you – you can’t go wrong with a self-care essentials package like this. 🙂
It can be pretty simple to make a great self-care essentials kit, but there are many ways that you can add some flare to the kit!
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN A SELF-CARE ESSENTIALS KIT FOR THE COLLEGE WOMAN:
- Journal // When you’re in college, you’re experiencing and learning so many new things, even outside of the classroom. A great way for ladies to reflect on what they learn and go through is to write it all down in a journal.
- Face Masks // Skincare is really important for women to pay attention to, so why not make it fun? There are tons of different kinds of face masks out there. For the college lady, I recommend face masks that are for anti-stress and renewal.
- Seasonal Candle Or Candle Melts // Depending on the type of housing, you can have a small candle. If not, you can always have a wax melt warmer. Most ladies love their candles, so you can’t go wrong there!
- Bath Bombs // Bath bombs have been all the rave for the past few years and it’s certainly for good reason. Just like a bubble bath, they can be relaxing and soothing. If the college lady you know doesn’t have a tub in their dorm, I can assure you they’d love some sugar exfoliating cubes or scrub instead.
- Nail Polish // College ladies love doing their nails together. Plus, it’s a great self-care activity to do alone. It’s soothing and creative, and the best part is that they can choose colors based on how they’re feeling. What young women doesn’t love nail polish, right?
- Lotion // Skincare is more than just for your face, it’s for your entire body. Lotion and other moisturizers are a great self-care essential, because it’s practical and useful. It’s important for women to nourish the skin they’re in.
- Small Bin // Small storage bins make the perfect gift basket for a college lady, because they are purposeful. The one I included in this tutorial can be used many different ways for storage: bathroom, makeup, desk items, and more.
- DOVE Chocolate PROMISES // Women love chocolate! That’s no secret at all. DOVE Chocolate PROMISES – 3 Flavor Assortment 31oz. Canister that can be found at Sam’s Club is filled with all of the superior silky smooth chocolate that you could ever want. The 3 flavors in the canister are Dark Chocolate, White & Dark Chocolate Swirl, and Sea Salt Caramel & Dark Chocolate. I found them in candy aisle towards the front of the club.
DOVE Chocolate PROMISES provide more than just a sweet treat – they include inspirational messaging inside each wrapper.
Words or encouragement and humor can do a world of wonder after a bad day or a tiring week, especially for a lady in college. DOVE Chocolate PROMISES are the perfect pick-me-up chocolates.
DOVE Chocolate, produced by Mars Wrigley Confectionery, together with CARE, announced a partnership designed to empower women who grow cocoa in the communities of Ivory Coast.
CARE builds Village Savings and Loan Associations in communities where the cocoa is sourced, which helps female farmers obtain funds that can be invested in their farms, their communities and their future.
THEIR VISION IS TO:
- Increase women’s access to economic and social opportunities
- Provide resources to help women farmers improve their yields and incomes
- Enable women to make decisions in cocoa farming communities and household
DOVE focuses on cocoa sustainability and empowering women cocoa farmers to better their business and lives. How neat is that?
3 SIMPLE WAYS TO BUILD EACH OTHER UP:
- Cheer Each Other On // Whether you’re in the same lane or a different one, a great way to build other women up is to cheer them on. Let them know that they can achieve what they’re going after!
- Compliment Each Other // Ruthie Lindsay said it best… “If you see something beautiful in someone, speak it.”
- Be Available // One of the greatest things we can do for one another is to simple be available. Be available when someone needs to talk or needs advice. Be available when someone needs a shoulder to cry on or a very long hug. Be available when someone has something to celebrate.
Sign up for a free Ibotta account and earn $1.50 with the purchase of a 31 oz canister of DOVE PROMISES Chocolate 3 Flavor Assortment.
Ladies, what are some ways that you enjoy encouraging other women? What are some of your self-care essentials? What were some of your self-care essentials during your teen and college years? Be sure to check out how other women are empowering women! Let’s chat!