This post is sponsored by Summer’s Eve®, but all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that keep CWS up and brewing!
Hey babes!! Today’s post is only for my ladies out there! Oh, hey there! 😉 It’s time for some #girltalk today as we dive in and have some #realtalk about *that* time of the month.
Let’s be real, girls. Most of us know when good ole Aunt Flo is about to make her way into town and none of us ever look forward to the visit. It’s filled with uncomfortable cramps, unfortunate breakouts, mood swings galore, and much more. Being on your period is never a pleasant time but there are steps you can take to make yourself feel fresher when you’re on your period.
If you told me 5 years ago that I’d be confidently talking about periods here on CWS, I probably would’ve burst out laughing! While I’m an open book most of the time, talking about my period used to be something very personal to me. I never desired to talk about it online and to be honest, I thought even if I tweeted something like, “The cramps are killing me today! Ugh!” would be a bit TMI for the online world.
Somewhere along my way of accepting myself and my body more, I became more confident to talk about pretty much anything. Of course, I still have boundaries, as everyone should, but when it comes to period talk, I don’t think that’s something us ladies should ever be embarrassed about! Summer’s Eve® doesn’t think we should be embarrassed about it either! I’m so glad to be partnering with them today to share some practical tips on how to feel fresh during your period.
5 Tips To Have The Best Period Possible
1. Track Your Cycle & Symptoms // First things first, ladies… If you’re not already tracking your cycle and symptoms, you need to start ASAP! There are a ton of great apps out there that allow you to keep track of your cycle. When you track your cycle, you’re better able to see and predict when your next Aunt Flo visit is. This factor alone has been extremely helpful to me so that I’m always prepared around that time of the month. The worst thing ever is being out and about and not having tampons or pads with you when you start your period. Yikes! Many of these apps also allow you to jot down your symptoms. This helps you to identify what’s usual for your cycle and period or what might need looking into. Go download an app now!
2. Always Have Summer’s Eve® FreshCycle Products On-Hand // Summer’s Eve® just came out with their NEW FreshCycle™ and they’re absolute must-haves when you’re on your period.
What Summer’s Eve® stands for: Women are taught to be powerful and strong, yet are discouraged from talking about what makes them uniquely female – the vagina. If a woman purchases a fem-hy product, there must be something wrong “down there.” And trips down the fem-hy aisle are covert and hurried, at best. As the category leader, Summer’s Eve® is changing the conversation around feminine hygiene. Summer’s Eve® is a welcome breath of fresh air, evolving the conversation to one that’s real, honest, and emotionally relevant.
There’s no need to feel shame when you’re on your period, ladies! Instead, choose to feel fresh and confident! 🙂
The Summer’s Eve® FreshCycle™ line has 3 great products: No-Rinse Cleansing Foam, a 24ct softpack of Cleansing Cloths, and Individually Wrapped Cleansing Cloths. They’re all made with a patented odor-reducing ingredient, and they are proven to reduce period odor without dyes, alcohol, or parabens. They have a light, fresh scent and are balanced to a woman’s pH. Did I mention that they’re gynecologist-tested? Yep! Gynecologists have given the green light for everyday use.
The No-Rinse Cleansing Foam is great to keep at home to pump up your freshness when you need it most on your period. It’s simple to use – simply add one to two pumps of no-rinse foam to a few sheets of folded toilet paper and cleanse – no need to rinse!
My personal favorite products from this line are definitely the Individually Wrapped Cleansing Cloths. I’m someone who loves convenience and ease and Summer’s Eve® FreshCycle™ Cleansing Cloths help me achieve both when I’m on my period or any day of the month. I love that you can easily tuck them into your purse or your pocket for on-the-go, which is always important to me during the summer months when I’m out and about more often.
3. Break Out The Positive Self-Talk Like Never Before // It’s natural to feel a bit down when you’re on your period but an easy way to combat those low feelings is with positive self-talk! Positive self-talk is something you should incorporate into your everyday routine but you should really embrace it all the more when you’re on your period. Choose to focus on the good and always celebrate yourself! Repeat aloud words of affirmation. Tell yourself that you’re strong! Tell yourself that you are beautiful.
4. Participate In Light Exercises, Like Yoga // I know that sometimes the last thing you want to do on your period is exercise! I totally get it! Growing up as a dancer, I had no option but to exercise when it was that time of the month. Now that I’m older and have learned what’s best for my body, I can say with full confidence that stretching and yoga are extremely helpful to me during my period. They ease my cramps and make me feel good!
5. Get An Abundance Of Rest // When you’re on your period, life is just exhausting! So, you need to make sure that you get plenty of rest. Having a regular self-care routine can help you achieve this. Rest can look like many different things for all of us. Whether that’s taking a cat nap each day, sleeping in, binge-watching your favorite show, or reading a good book… do lots of it when you’re on your period. Rest is essential!
Make sure you try out Summer’s Eve® FreshCycle™ Products for yourself! Stay fresh and confident all month long but especially during your period! Let’s chat, ladies!