Happy Monday, darling! I had a super refreshing weekend which was SO needed. I have been struggling on the edge of burnout for a couple months now, so being able to have some “me time” to relax was just what I needed this past weekend.
I think I can finally say that “spring has sprung” here in The Pocono Mountains! Last Thursday it snowed and sleeted but looking ahead at the forecast coming up, it looks like that was the last of the winter weather. Finally! It’s basically the end of April so it’s absolutely insane that we’ve had winter up until now. Anywho! I am very, very glad to see spring starting to take bloom here.
If you’re subscribed to my email list, The Brew, and you read my email from last Friday, you learned that I have been really struggling lately. I had been extremely discouraged with blogging for the past few months and it got to the point where I was not enjoying it at all. I wasn’t looking forward to my work. I wasn’t excited to shoot or edit photos. I wasn’t feeling joy when I was writing my heart out in all of my blog posts and content.
After much reflection, I realized that it was my lack of work/life balance and less time focusing on self-care that made me feel so exhausted. I’ve been extremely busy the past few months and adding in the personal stressors and lack of paid work that I wanted didn’t help either. I found myself working more and more to get opportunities but they still didn’t come. It wasn’t until I unintentionally took about a week break from blogging that opportunities started to come to me.Being excited about self-care is the best way to create a healthy work/life balance. Click To Tweet
So, today’s lesson is all about work/life balance and self-care. I think that being excited about self-care is the best way to create a healthy work/life balance, so that’s what we’re chatting about today!
I think we can all start to feel a bit rundown when it comes to the start of spring. We’ve just gotten out of winter and spring cleaning has begun. Some of you are in college focusing on finals or graduation. Some of you are up to your neck in projects at work. This is also when wedding season starts to take place, as well as other warm weather activities and celebrations.30 Self-Care Ideas For Spring Click To Tweet
Self-care is something we should all be focusing on ALL year round, but I must say, I think focusing on self-care in the spring is my favorite. Everything is brand new in the spring so it’s the perfect time to renew your self-care goals and needs. Self-care shouldn’t be viewed as work, friends. Self-care is fun and exciting. Treat it as such! 🙂
SELF-CARE IDEAS FOR SPRING:
- Purge your wardrobe
- Create a spring playlist with upbeat tunes
- Take regular walks around your neighborhood
- Invest in a couple new clothing items
- Open the windows in your home
- Light a spring-scented candle
- Create a new vision board
- Write your bucket list for the rest of the year
- Use a sugar body scrub in the shower
- Try out yoga or a new workout routine
- Schedule a coffee date with an old friend
- Buy a new reusable water bottle & drink more water
- Get some fresh blooms for your home
- Work out in the yard – plant some flowers or create a vegetable garden
- Deep clean your house (not all at once – set a realistic schedule)
- Visit your local farmer’s market
- Reflect on life – where you’re at and what you’ve learned recently
- Make a new dessert – incorporate fresh fruits
- Create a sacred place in your home where you can relax
- Make doctor’s appointments and go to them
- Host a small dinner party in your home
- Go on a hike or for a walk in the park
- Clean out your car and get a new air freshener for it
- Start journaling
- Unplug from the online world as much as you can
- Start a new hobby and make regular time for it
- Go on a picnic with some close friends
- Infuse your water with citrus or fruits
- Take a bubble bath accompanied by soothing music and a glass of wine
- Remind yourself daily of how important it is to focus on your wellbeing
– SHOP THE LOOK –
This navy off-the-shoulder top is from last year but I’ve linked some other navy OTS tops that I’m eyeing up that are similar!
How was your weekend? What are some self-care activities that you love in the spring? What’s a new self-care practice that you’re going to implement now? Let’s chat!