I received free product in exchange for styling. All thoughts are authentic & my own. 🙂
I can’t believe it’s been a month since my last style post here on the blog. Being completely honest, I have tons of outfits that I have been wanting to shoot, but the weather is simply not cooperating with me. It has been beyond rainy and absolutely cold the past month. It’s heartbreaking! We’re in the middle of May and it’s still in the 40s and 50s some days.The day we finally ventured out to snap these photos it was in the 40s and really windy. The wind was unreal. Trust me, I have some funny bloopers from this shoot. Hey! Just keeping it real here. Not all fashion shoots have the most perfect shots. Here’s to hoping the weather warms up and cooperates with me soon!
Something that I have personally been working on lately has been my self-confidence. I have some days where my self-confidence is booming – I’m proud of where I’m at and I acknowledge how large my potential is for what I can become. But then I have the days where I’m just down and out, where my self-confidence is completely nowhere to be found. Instead of cheering myself on, I’m sitting around criticizing myself for not being where I want to be yet. When I start to tear myself down, that’s where the doubt gets settled in and tries its best to take over. This does nothing but destroy my self-confidence.5 Ways To Be More Confident Click To Tweet
Self-confidence is something that I will always be growing in, and I think it’s safe to say that I’m not alone in this, right? We’re always growing and becoming better versions of ourselves. I’m definitely no confidence pro, but I have learned some key ways to always be growing in it. Today, I want to share 5 of those with you.
5 WAYS TO BE MORE CONFIDENT:
1. Think Positively & Talk Positively To Yourself // One of the most important things I have been doing for myself in my confidence journey is learning to not just think positively about myself, but to also talk positively to myself. I have never been someone who’s overly optimistic, especially when it comes to myself, so it’s always been hard to refocus my thoughts from negative to positive when it comes to myself. But, it’s something that I have to keep on training myself to do. Whenever the negative thoughts creep in, I have to teach myself to combat them with positive truths.
The way you talk to yourself creates your reality. This is something I have learned the hard way over the years, and I’m sharing this with you so you don’t have to go through the same thing. Kick the negative self talk out of your life for good. You’re so much more than what your thoughts might narrow you down to be. Choose to speak life over yourself. Choose to speak love over yourself. Choose to speak purpose over yourself.
Related Reading: How To Practice Positive Self Talk
2. Accept & Learn From Your Mistakes // We are all human. None of us are perfect. We have all made our fair share of mistakes and troubles. And you know what? That’s totally okay. It’s okay to make mistakes, but it’s not okay to dwell on them. Take the time to acknowledge and accept your mistakes. Reflect on them, but only in the context of wanting to learn from them. The mistakes we make in life are all ones that we can learn from. Some mistakes may be more messy than others, but it’s a sure thing that we can always learn at least one new lesson from each mistake that we make. Mistakes are awkward and uncomfortable, but let those feelings challenge you to learn and grow from them. In the midst of what looks unfortunate, always look for opportunity for growth.In the midst of what looks unfortunate, always look for opportunity for growth. Click To Tweet
The more you choose to learn from your mistakes, instead of dwelling on them, the more free you’ll feel. When you’re free and growing, your confidence will be constantly illuminating all the more.
3. Zone In On Proper Self-Care // If you haven’t noticed by now, I’m a huge self-care advocate! I believe that in order to grow and be healthy, you have to dedicate yourself to investing in proper self-care. Self-care is everything from getting the proper amount of sleep at night all the way to treating yourself when you need a pick-me-up.
If you’re struggling in the confidence department, check-in to make sure you’re treating yourself with the proper amount of self-care. Often times, when I’m feeling down about myself and where I’m at, it’s because I haven’t devoted myself to proper self-care in awhile.Self-care is not something that's optional. Everyone needs to tend to self-care. Click To Tweet
Self-care is not something that’s optional. Everyone needs to tend to self-care. When you spend the time rejuvenating yourself, you’ll find that you’ll be in more cheerful spirits. With a more cheerful spirit, you’ll be able to cheer yourself on in a happy and healthy confidence!
4. Stop Comparing Yourself To Others // Yes, I know this is easier said than done. The comparison trap gets to everyone at one point or another, whether we want to admit that or not. Comparing yourself to others is nothing but harmful, unfair, and robbing.
When you spend your time comparing yourself to others, you’re essentially fooling yourself. Comparisons are harmful, because you’re focusing on everything but what you control. When you waste your time and energy on what someone else has and you don’t have, you’ll start to lose your passion and motivation.
Comparisons are always unfair, especially when you’re comparing yourself to others. You don’t know everything that the person you’re comparing yourself to has gone through or is going through. Sure, they may seem like they have it together and they just might, but you really don’t know for sure. Don’t sit around and compare the worst of yourself to what we think is someone else’s best. It’s simply unfair.
When you spend your time on comparisons, you’ll be robbed of so, so much. You’ll be robbed of time, motivation, potential, and joy. When you focus on what you don’t have instead of the gifts you do have, you’re only cheating yourself out of all the potential you have.
We have 86,400 seconds each day. Let’s use those seconds to focus on our gifts, accomplishments, and potential, not someone else’s highlight reel.
5. Set Short-Term Goals & Celebrate Yourself // Something that has really helped me in my self-confidence journey has been setting goals. I work better and more productively when I have set goals that I want to accomplish. While I have long-term goals that I’m essentially aiming to complete one day, what I focus more on is the short-term goals that’ll help me get there. When I work hard on my short-term goals and accomplish them, I feel so good about myself! I feel like I can truly get anything done that I set my mind and heart to. If I were to focus on only long-term goals, I’d constantly be discouraged. Short-term goals are so important to have, friends! The more short-term goals that you have, the more you’ll excel at, which will all the more boost your confidence!
When you rock out your short-term goals, always make sure to celebrate yourself! Don’t push your accomplishments off to the side, no matter how small you may think your accomplishments are. Your accomplishments are worth celebrating. You are worth celebrating.
– ALL ABOUT THE DRESS –
Friends, I cannot get enough of this All Tied Up Dress! It’s stylish and comfortable – my favorite combination. It’s from Ruthie Grace Boutique! This dress is made from cozy baby french terry material. It’s the all around look-good-feel-good dress that’s flattering on anyone. It’s an absolute staple item for every girl’s closet! It’s on sale right now! Go grab one for yourself. It also comes in Rosin and Camo.
Ruthie Grace Boutique has some of the most darling and comfortable finds ever. From party dresses to tees, Ruthie Grace has what you need.
What are some ways that you practice self-confidence? What’s you’re biggest struggle with becoming more confident? What are some tips you’d give to someone needing a confidence boost? Let’s chat!