Some of the links below are affiliate links. This just means that if you choose to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Any commission made is put to keeping Coffee With Summer up and brewing!
Over the weekend, Michael and I went wine tasting with our best friends, Chris and Kristen, to celebrate Kristen’s birthday. It was an absolute blast, but the days leading up to it, I found myself confused as to what to wear to the wine tasting. This was my first time going wine tasting and going to a winery in general, so I wasn’t sure what to expect the dress to be.
To be honest, I thought it was a bit more on the dressy side, but I’m glad I turned to Twitter and Google to help me along. Everyone said wine tasting attire is usually laid back and casual. I was shocked at how casual everyone said the dress was! It was a pleasant surprise, though. There’s nothing I love more than dressing comfortable, especially if there’s wine involved.What To Wear Wine Tasting Click To Tweet
Today, I’m sharing with you what I decided to wear for my first time wine tasting, as well as giving some tips on how to choose your outfit! I’ll also be linking to Kristen’s blog at the end of the post, so make sure you click-through to see what she wore!
WHAT TO WEAR WINE TASTING:
1. Stick To Dark Colors // Black is always what I reach for first in my closet, which was perfect, because it’s best to stick to dark colors for wine tasting. Even though I’m a white wine girl, if I were to spill at all, dark colors would definitely hide the spills better than lighter colors. If you’re a red wine lover, you definitely have no choice but to wear wine colors and dark colors. You can never be too safe!
2. Anything Denim // The wine tasting culture is very laid back and relaxed, so you can never go wrong with wearing anything denim. Denim jeans are always in style and they’re easy to make your own. They pair well with most tops and are perfect for bringing an outfit together.
3. Simplicity Is Best // You want to stray from any kind of outfit that’ll keep your attention anywhere other than the wine. Itchy fabrics and too many layers can become a hassle. You want to be hassle free while you’re enjoying your wine tasting experience. A light jacket or shawl is perfect, but you don’t want too many layers or busyness going on. Wear an outfit that is worry-free – one that you know you can depend on to keep your attention focused on the beauty of your wine tasting experience.
4. Comfortable Shoes // Depending on the type of winery and wine tasting experience you go to, you’ll want to wear comfortable shoes. The wine tasting we went to had so much freedom. We sat inside while wine tasting and afterwards, we each got a glass of our favorite and walked around the winery. If you’re going for a more dressy casual look, leave the fancy heels at home and choose a pair of wedges or comfortable heeled booties to wear instead. Low-heeled booties and trendy sneakers are great options as well, depending on the winery.
5. Pack Light // Leave the huge tote bag at home and reach for a clutch or crossbody bag. Again, you’re not wanting to worry and fuss over your outfit and what you’ve packed. Always keep things light. If you’re not a clutch girl, break out a small crossbody bag. I chose to bring one of my favorite crossbody bags from Fossil, as I could wrap it across myself to help keep my shoulder from getting tired.
6. Wear LipSense // I can’t go anywhere without lipstick (LipSense to be specific) on, because for me, it completes my entire look. Plus, it helps me actually look my age! When wine tasting, you don’t want to wear lipstick that’ll transfer, which happens to be the large majority of lipsticks out there. That’s why I turn to LipSense. LipSense is smudge-proof, transfer-proof, and can last up to 18 hours! I wore the LipSense color “Lexie Beary”. It’s one of my all-time favorites.
Interested in learning more about LipSense? I’m an independent distributor for SeneGence. Join my Facebook group to learn more and to place an order! I’m happy to answer any questions you have.LipSense is a must for wine tasting! It's long-lasting and there's no transfer! Click To Tweet
It was the perfect day out to go wine tasting this past weekend. It was sunny and in the 70s – absolutely gorgeous! We went to Grace Winery in Glen Mills, Pennsylvania. Our wine tasting experience consisted of 4 different wines. My favorite out of the white wine tasting options was the first one I had tasted – Pinot Gris. That’s the wine I ended up getting a glass of for our walk around the winery.
– GET THE LOOK –
Our first wine tasting experience was an absolute success! We left having had a ton of fun. Wine & photos… a bloggers dream, haha! Be sure to head over to Kristen’s blog, A Classy Fashionista, to see what she wore!
Have you ever gone wine tasting? How was your experience? What did you choose to wear? What’s your favorite wine you’ve ever had? Let’s chat!