Summertime is in full swing, so there are many beach days ahead! When you’re a parent, beach days with kids can be a tiny bit stressful from packing to keeping them entertained while you’re there. I took both of the kids to the beach for the first time last week and while it was a fun morning trip, it took a lot out of me! Worth it? For sure!
To help make your family beach trip a little easier, I have rounded up my absolute beach essentials for babies and toddlers for you! Preparation is key.Beach Essentials For Babies + Toddlers Click To Tweet
BEACH ESSENTIALS FOR BABIES AND TODDLERS
1. WAGON – A wagon is a must to help lug your littles and all your family’s beach gear to the beach. We absolutely love our Radio Flyer wagon that we got for our Myrtle Beach trip last year and I highly recommend it. It folds flat for easy storage which allows for more room for other essentials in your vehicle.
2. WolfWise UPF 50+ Pop-Up Tent – When you have infants and toddlers, a pop-up beach tent is probably one of the most important essentials to bring to the beach with you. We got the WolfWise medium pop-up tent for our family vacation last year and had a great experience with it. They were so kind to send us the WolfWise large pop-up tent now that we added another kiddo to our family.
The size is great! There’s plenty of room for storing towels and gear, as well as room for up to 4 people. It comes with 4 sandbags and 10 stakes to secure the tent to the ground. It has the option of a two-way entrance and two mesh windows. It blocks up to 98% of the sun’s harmful UV rays and folds away for compact storage. Definitely check it out!
3. Mini Portable Fan – A great thing to bring along, especially if you have an infant, is a mini portable fan. This one has a tripod attached that easily wraps around a seat or other gear to secure it. The battery lasts 3-9 hours, depending on charging status and wind speed. Once again, this is a nice compact option that provides great practical use.
4. Lifewit Collapsible Insulated Cooler Bag – Lifewit sent me over one of their 30-can collapsible coolers for our beach trip last week and it sure came in handy. I was able to pack snacks and drinks for my toddler, as well as for my mother-in-law and me. While it can be folded flat for storage, it is quite durable and holds its shape really well while in use.
They have 3 different sizes – 20L, 30L, and 40L. It comes with a detachable shoulder strap and has additional mesh pockets on the sides. You bet we’ll be taking this along for our family vacation to Myrtle Beach later this year! Grab one for your family!
5. Sand Toys – Never head to the beach without some good sand toys for your kiddos. It helps keep them occupied during downtime when they’re not in the water with you. My girly gets really in the zone with her sand toys. Pro tip: Get a beach toy set that includes a watering can of some sort. It was a hit for us last week! Plus, it helps keep the sand malleable for building sandcastles.
6. Mineral Sunscreen – We love and swear by Thinkbaby sunscreen! We apply it with a makeup brush for easy application – it helps to really get the sunscreen moisturized into their skin. Plus, it makes it more fun for the kids! Thinkbaby sunscreen is water-resistant, safe for babies, and safe for the earth.
Note: Babies under 6 months should not use sunscreen unless authorized by their pediatrician. Always check with your doctor if you’re unsure!
7. Quick-Dry Water Shoes – Water shoes are great for small kids and ones that are quick-dry are even better. I got my daughter these ones last year and they were incredible. They’re non-slip, lightweight, and have a neat drainage feature that helps to drain out water and sand. These water shoes easily slip on and have a velcro closure. Can’t recommend these water shoes enough!
OTHER BEACH ESSENTIALS FOR BABIES AND TODDLERS
- Swim diapers (or a reusable swim diaper)
- Sun hat
- Swimsuit coverup
- Beach towel
- Water and snacks
- Misting spray bottle
– SHOP THE POST –
What are some of your must-haves for the beach with babies and toddlers?