Hey, hey! I’m always asked what my go-to baby must-have products are. Truth is, it totally depends on what stage the baby is in. My must-haves for the first few months will change as my baby gets older.
Each parent has different preferences depending on what kind of product we’re talking about – diaper bags, shampoo, etc. Plus, every baby is different! Some of our most used items with my daughter weren’t the go-tos for my son. Today, I’m sharing my top 7 most used baby products in the first 2 months with my son. We’re going beyond the typical diapers and wipes!
[bctt tweet=”Most Used Baby Items For The First 2 Months” username=”SummerTelban”]
MOST USED BABY PRODUCTS IN THE FIRST 2 MONTHS
1. KNOTTED GOWNS – Knotted gowns were the way to go during the newborn days. I personally find them easier to put on and use when babies are brand new and tiny. Double-zipper sleepers are great but knotted gowns make diaper changes much more smooth, especially nighttime changes.
We love the knotted gowns from Solly Baby, Kate Quinn, and Caden Lane, especially their bamboo fabric gowns! So soft and they’re temperature-regulating.
2. TRIPLE PASTE – Triple Paste is our family’s go-to diaper cream. We used it with Taya and had incredible results each time. We’ve been using it with Jace and once again, it’s been a huge help. Triple Paste is for more than just treating and soothing a baby’s bum – it’s also a great preventative of diaper rash altogether!
3. OOGIEBEAR – We never used Oogiebear with Taya but I decided I wanted to try it out this time for Jace. While we loved the Nose Frida Snot Sucker with Taya, it wasn’t working well for Jace. So I whipped out the Oogiebear and it was life-changing! It helps to gently grab onto those stubborn boogies so that you can easily clear them from your little one’s nose.
[bctt tweet=”7 Of Our Most Used Baby Items For The First 2 Months” username=”SummerTelban”]
4. SOLLY BABY WRAP – If you follow me on Instagram or TikTok, you already know how huge of a fan I am of baby-wearing! There are tons of benefits and conveniences to baby-wearing (that’s another post for another time) and my favorite wraps are my Solly Baby Wraps. They’re lightweight, soft, and easy to put on and adjust. Like any new thing, there is a learning curve! So if you’re new to baby-wearing via a wrap versus a structured carrier, it’ll take a few tries before it becomes second nature to you.
5. MUSLIN SWADDLES – Muslin swaddles are an absolute must-have and they can be used for much more than just swaddling during the newborn days. They make great car seat and stroller covers, burp cloths, and even photo backgrounds. We have 3 muslin swaddles and I think it’s the perfect amount. I like to think… one to use, one to wash, one to spare!
Our favorite muslin swaddles are from Mushie and the Cloud Island line at Target.
6. HATCH REST SOUND MACHINE – White noise is a godsend for babies! We absolutely love the Hatch Rest Sound Machine… so much so that we have one in our master, too. Our household’s favorite sound for sleep is the rain sound. It has a ton of different sound and lighting options and it also has features where you can set automatic schedules. You can control it from your phone (no wifi needed!) and from the bottom of the machine itself.
7. FISHER-PRICE INFANT-TO-TODDLER ROCKER – We received this rocker as a gift at one of our baby showers for Taya. Taya absolutely loved it as an infant and as she grew older. We started using it for Jace around a week old because he wasn’t a huge fan of lounging flat on his back. While it’s called a rocker, it doesn’t actually rock on its own – you have to rock it yourself. But it does have a soothing vibrate option and a mobile with toys on it to entertain babies as they grow. Highly recommend!
(Disclaimer: this rocker is not for sleep. It is for when the baby is awake and lounging.)
– SHOP THE POST –
Parents, what were some of your most-used baby products for the first 2 months of your baby’s life? What were your absolute must-have items? Let’s chat!