This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SchwarzkopfGliss #blissofGliss #CollectiveBias
Ever since Michael and I moved to the Poconos a year ago, I have been fighting to keep my hair healthy. Here in the Poconos, there are a ton of minerals in the water and since the first place we lived had well water without a good treatment system, my hair was completely damaged. I’m a natural dirty blonde, but I love keeping my hair blonder. The minerals in the water had turned my beautiful blonde hair green at one point (YIKES!) and made my hair very dry. I had never experienced so much breakage and so many split ends in my life! Not only was my hair a mess, but I had also lost some of my self-confidence because of it.
Thankfully, after buying our home in November, we’re finally in a place where the water isn’t so hard and as a plus has a good treatment system. But my hair still struggles with being dry, especially at its ends.
It’s really important to take care of your hair but to also know how water, minerals, and certain styling tools can affect it. If you want gorgeous, healthy hair, you have to put in the work and the love to find what works best on and for your hair.
The past month, I have been using Schwarzkopf GLISS® Hair Repair™ products and have noticed my hair has gotten much more hydrated and finally feels smooth again.
Hair loses Keratin over time, causing your hair to become weak and damaged. If you’re not familiar with what Keratin is, it’s basically the main structural component of keeping your hair protected and strong. GLISS’ Hair-Identical Keratin replaces the lost Keratin for re-gained strength and smoother hair. The patented technology repairs up to 10 layers deep! GLISS products are made for everyday use, not just for the “SOS” moments. Schwarzkopf GLISS Hair Repair products are also combined with essential benefits like color protection, intense hydration, long-lasting volume, and weightless nourishment, so you get the repair you need without having to compromise. All the wins here!
My hair hasn’t been as healthy as it is now in a very long time. To celebrate, I wanted to share one of my favorite ways to style my hair: the half-up top knot. This hairstyle is perfect for running errands or grabbing coffee with a friend. Heck, you could even rock it out for date night! 😉
One thing that I love about the half-up top knot is that it’s a quick and easy style to pull together. You can wear the half-up top knot with straight hair, wavy hair, or with curled hair. I personally like to wear my hair curled to give my hair more volume, especially since it’s naturally finer.
HALF-UP TOP KNOT STEP-BY-STEP:
1. After you’ve gotten your hair styled to where you want it (wavy, curled, etc.), grab a comb, a clear hair elastic, some bobby pins, and your favorite hairspray.
2. Part your hair from your temples upwards, as if you were simply going to wear your hair half-up half-down. Comb your hair so that it’s nice and smooth before creating the ponytail. You don’t want any bumps!
3. Create and secure your ponytail with the clear hair elastic. You can either have the ponytail secured at the crown of your head or slightly above, whichever your preference.
4. With your fingers, very gently make your ponytail more full. If your hair is curled like mine, you won’t have to worry too much about this step. If your hair is straight or wavy, you can choose to very gently tease your ponytail to get more volume.
5. Once your ponytail is more full, twist your ponytail once or twice and then loosen with your hands. Then slowly begin work your way around the hair elastic. Secure with bobby pins, as needed. The number of bobby pins you’ll need to use to keep the top knot in place will depend on the thickness of your hair.
6. If you want more volume in the top knot, simply tug gently at it until you’re satisfied with how it looks.
7. Finish with hairspray.
Schwarzkopf GLISS® Hair Repair™ products come in a few different sub-lines: Oil Nutritive, Color Guard, Ultra Moisture (the one I use), and Ultimate Repair are a few to name.
The Ultra Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner feel so smooth when using in the shower. The shampoo is creamy and lathers well, which is important to me. The conditioner is just as creamy and my hair soaks it up really well. Sometimes I use a comb in the shower to make sure that I get the conditioner evenly distributed in my hair.
My personal favorite product from the Ultra Moisture line is the Ultra Moisture Ani-Breakage Treatment. This treatment is to be used after you’ve washed your hair. Massage it gently into your hair and leave-in for at least 1 minute. I usually leave it in for about 3 minutes, since my hair is still recovering from major breakage at my ends. This is to be used 2-3 times per week. Make sure you rinse thoroughly after using.
I purchased all of my Schwarzkopf Gliss™ Ultra Moisture products at my local CVS. They’re conveniently located in the haircare aisle right when you walk into the front of the store, making for a quick in and out!
From Sunday 2/11 – Saturday 2/17, take advantage of the Henkel Enterprise Event (tied with other Henkel brands – Gliss, got2b, Color Ultime, Keratin Color, Dial, Right Guard, Dry Idea) – Spend $20, Get $7 in ExtraBucks, Gliss will be on sale for 2/$10 (like 2/$6 after $4 off 2 FSI coupon) on top of the Enterprise event.
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Have you ever used GLISS® Hair Repair™ products before?
If so, which sub-line did you choose? If not, you seriously have to try out some of the Schwarzkopf GLISS® Hair Repair™ products! Do you hone in on taking care of your hair regularly? If not, what are some ways that you’re going to improve your haircare routine? Let’s chat, ladies!