Hey there, friends! I know all it seems I have to talk about in this season is all things baby and motherhood. Since I am still a brand new mama, this is my current life stage and in the beginning, there is SO much to talk about and share. 🙂
So if you’re not a mama, I hope you don’t mind my little bit of an overload on baby/mama content right now. I promise, my regular topics of conversation will start to resume more regularly as I go on. I’ll be sharing more soon but I just wanted to add this snippet in for now!
Anywho!! I know a ton of mamas-to-be out there asking me for my favorite baby products and recommendations, specifically for the first 3 months of baby’s life. The first 3 months is also called the “fourth trimester,” so consider today all about my top baby essentials for the fourth trimester! 😉Baby Essentials For The Fourth Trimester Click To Tweet
The truth is, I have a ton of baby must-haves but I spent time narrowing down to these items since they truly are MUSTS for the fourth trimester. Here we go!
TOP BABY ESSENTIALS FOR THE FIRST 3 MONTHS:
1. DockATot Deluxe+ – We absolutely LOVE our DockATot and I needed to let that be known because I have seen many skeptics out there. Yes, it’s a bit pricey but I promise that it’s worth it. Well, it has been for us. It’s great for playtime, rest, and a supervised sleep session. I can tell that Taya really loves the close, cozy feel of hers. We also have a Boppy Newborn Lounger and we also love that, but if we had to choose one or the other, we’re DockATot all of the way! It also comes with a soft plastic travel case for traveling. Throwing it back to a cute candid shot of Taya in her DockATot at just 6 days old.
2. FridaBaby NoseFrida – I can’t stress enough how much of a lifesaver the FridaBaby NoseFrida is for when your baby is congested. If you’re familiar with it at all, it’s a nasal aspirator to help suck all the boogies out of your little one’s nose. I know it sounds gross but it’s completely hygienic and comes with disposable filters. It works immensely better than the classic bulb aspirator. You NEED it on your registry!
3. Little Remedies Gas Relief Drops – Taya really had a gassy tummy like crazy during her first 3 months and these gas relief drops helped in the times where burping, doing bicycles, etc. couldn’t help. Definitely have some on-hand! They worked way better than gripe water for us.7 Baby Products You Need For The First 3 Months Click To Tweet
4. G.H. Hurt & Son Baby Shawl – We have two beautiful shawl blankets from G.H. Hurt & Son, a family-owned company based out of Nottingham, UK. Ever since I received some shawls for Taya, we have used one every single day. The one shown here is 100% cotton and it is soft and airy, which is perfect for naptime in my arms. We also take this blanket for car rides, travel, and walks as a quick cozy layer. They make for great gifts and keepsakes, and there are some options for personalization. Be sure to check out their shawls here! And follow along with them on Instagram here.
5. MAM Pacifiers – So, funny story. Before Taya was born, I said I didn’t want to introduce pacifiers to her until 30 days to make sure breastfeeding was established. Well, we lasted maybe a week before we decided to give Taya a pacifier, haha. She only takes MAM pacifiers which is perfect since they are the ones I had gotten/registered for. They are great for breastfed babies! P.S. I’m a huge fan of their nighttime pacifiers since they glow in the dark – easier to find!
6. Electric Baby Nail Trimmer – It’s absolutely crazy how long and sharp newborn nails can be. After weeks of avoiding to trim Taya’s nails, I caved and got this nail trimmer and it has changed the game! It has different sandpaper brush attachments that have different levels of intensity, as well as 4 levels of controls. It’s incredible!! Don’t even try to use nail clippers… I promise you’ll be happy you used this from the start.
7. Solly Baby Wrap – Babywearing has been one of the most special things about motherhood for me so far. Some days, the only way Taya will take a nap or calm down, in general, is if she’s in her wrap. Babywearing is great for mom and baby. The Solly Baby Wrap is extremely soft, is lightweight, and it’s extremely secure. It also offers even weight distribution so it doesn’t bother your back. I highly recommend getting one, even if it’s only for the bond building between you and your baby. We have the Oat Dot wrap.
– SHOP THE POST –