Happy Thursday, everyone! You’re in for a treat today. Back in March, I shared a post full of questions that you all asked me for my 24th birthday. Get to know me and Q&A type posts are some of my favorite to write. *Affiliate links
Today, I’m answering some more questions from you all! Instead of them being general, I asked for them to be beauty and fashion focused. You all had some really great questions, and I can’t wait to dig into them.
Before digging in, I wanted to quick share about this amazing giveaway campaign that I’m hosting with VENNDY and Cara from Never Skip Brunch. This is HUGE. I’m teaming up with them to bring to you a massive giveaway with massive prizes.
VENNDY is all about collection, connection, and collaboration for and between people. It’s a platform like no other, as it combines community and collaboration, as well as giving you the chance to monetize through affiliates. Blog friends, you need to sign up to VENNDY. You’re seriously missing out if you haven’t!
VENNDY has many advantages, but here are some of the huge perks:
- VENNDY gives you the opportunity to use a few affiliate programs (which have no entry barrier) together. What this means is that you can use affiliate programs like RewardStyle, ShopStyle, and Amazon all together in the same carousel widget.
- When you put reviews and blog posts into VENNDY’s marketplace, you’re helping those searching for those certain topics easily find what they’re looking for, as well as new ideas. This means that VENNDY isn’t just used for products, but it can be used as a place of promotion for your blog posts.
- For smaller bloggers: Because users are directed to VENNDY from other big bloggers and many others, this can help to increase your traffic both to your VENNDY profile, as well as to your blog.
By uploading shoppable content to the VENNDY platform, you’ll not only monetize your efforts, but you’ll also drive more traffic to your blog and grow your following.
To find out what we’re giving away, be sure to read through to the end! 🙂
[bctt tweet=”Bloggers! You NEED to sign up to @VENNDYapp! It’s a game-changer!” username=”SummerTelban”]
ASK SUMMER – BEAUTY & FASHION:
1. What beauty product would you never leave the house without? Is there an item that you think every woman should have in her closet? (Sami M.)
The beauty product I could never leave the house without is hands down my LipSense gloss! Most of you know that I’m a LipSense distributor and I absolutely love it. LipSense has changed my life (not exaggerating, haha). It lasts up to 18 hours, but I reapply the gloss throughout the day to preserve the color. For more information on LipSense, join my Facebook group, The Darling Lip Studio.
The one item that I think every woman should have in her closet is a comfy pair of denim jeggings. American Eagle has some of the best options out there – great prices and they’re insanely comfy.
2. You’re going on a trip and only taking a carry on, what 10 clothing pieces would you take to mix and match? (Nicole G.)
Considering I have never actually flown before (I know, crazy), I’m not quite sure! Plus, it’d depend on the trip! But, here’s what I’d probably pack for a casual trip away. I don’t know the count, but I’d definitely pack: denim jeggings, basic t-shirts, a couple dressy tops, and a jacket.
3. What’s your favorite online place to shop? (Jamie B.)
Ruche!! Ruche has quickly become my new favorite place to shop online. They have the most darling pieces at super great prices.
The top I’m wearing in THIS POST is from Ruche. So cute, right?
4. How do you plan out your attire for the week? (Shana)
Great question! Sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t. When I do plan out my attire for the week, I always check the weather and then go from there. I always have a back-up outfit for each day, because you just never know!
5. What’s a beauty product that you’ve repurchased countless times? (Felicia R.)
I have some incredible holy grail beauty products that I always go back to, but I’m actually planning on doing a whole post about them in the near future. But, I’ll give you one for now. 🙂 Maybelline’s Lash Sensational Mascara. This mascara is the best mascara I have ever used. I have been a dedicated user of it for 3 years now!
6. What hair products do you use to keep your hair curled? (Becca)
I have used many, many products to get my hair healthy, protected, and strong to hold curls. I curl my hair 80% of the time. With my mother-in-law being a hair stylist, I have to give all the credit to her for my hair tips, haha! She’s the best. I definitely recommend using a heat protectant from the start. This doesn’t help with hold directly, but it keeps your hair protected, which does help with the overall hold. I am currently using Sebastian Shaper Fierce Hairspray (second pictured below) and it works wonders. It gives you a strong hold, but you can still run your fingers through your hair.
Is primer a necessity? (Shannon C.)
Love, love this question. It depends on the look you’re wanting to achieve. If you’re wanting your makeup to stay in place and last all day, then the answer is yes. Primer helps to smooth out your skin and prolong your foundation.
7. What concealer do you use/recommend for under eye bags? (Sheila J.)
The best under eye concealer that I have found so far is the Bye Bye Under EyeAnti-Aging Concealer by It Cosmetics. It’s full coverage and really does work. It works best for me when I layer with two thin layers. I definitely recommend it!
8. What are the top 5 inexpensive places to get jewelry? (Hilary P.)
So, I’m not a huge jewelry person. About 80% of the time I’m only wearing stud earrings and my engagement/wedding rings, haha. But, the places I buy jewelry from when I do buy jewelry are: Francesca’s, Charming Charlie, American Eagle, Forever 21, and Target.
HOW THE VENNDY GIVEAWAY CAMPAIGN WORKS:
- Sign up to VENNDY
- Download the Google Chrome Extension (once you receive email with link to it) – In this email, there’ll also be links to videos to walk you through the process of using the extension.
- Upload at least 8 items to your VENNDY
- Curate at least 1 story
- Love at least 3 stories
- Love at least 5 items
- Ask to join The VENNDY Club on Facebook. It’s a FB group where you can ask questions and connect with other members of the VENNDY community.
- Fill out THIS Google Form – this helps to serve as a checklist to you and a way to verify your entries!
WHAT THE WINNERS RECEIVE:
- The curators of the 3 stories who get the highest number of Loves by the other participants at the Closing Time will receive a $75 Amazon gift card.
- The curator of the Story with the highest number of Loves will also get a 1:1 Blog Consultation with Summer.
- The 10 bloggers who uploaded items (product, service or place) who get the highest number of Loves by the other participants, as of the Closing Time, will get the “But First, Brunch” T-Shirt by Cara (US only).
Please, email email@example.com if you have any issues downloading or using the extension. They are still in the beta stage. Giveaway campaign runs from Thursday, August 10th – Thursday, August 24th at midnight EST!
– GET THE LOOK –
I love this outfit for an easy transition from summer into fall. I love a pretty floral dress like this one – super flowy and comfortable. The denim jacket completes the look, making it casual and effortless.
Let me know if you have any questions about the amazing VENNDY giveaway campaign. I’ll say it again – blog friends! You NEED to be on VENNDY. It’s like no other. If you’re not on and using VENNDY yet, now’s the perfect time! Let’s chat!