Hey there, beauties! Life has been simply insane the past month which is why you didn’t see a ton of new content here on CWS. Michael and I have been preparing for a semi-huge life change – I’ll be sharing more about that soon. (And no, I’m not pregnant. haha!) But! Good news! I am back in action now and am feeling more motivated than ever to create amazing content for you.
If you haven’t noticed by now, I have been wearing this denim mini skirt on repeat ever since I got it in July. I’m actually really happy that they’re back in style now for a couple of reasons. 1. I never owned own back in high school when they were on-trend! 2. They are really some of the most versatile pieces.
Fall fashion is by far my favorite kind of fashion. I feel like the reason why fall fashion is my favorite is because the weather is most comfortable to me compared to the other seasons’ weather. Give me all of the booties, cozy sweaters, and denim, please! Who’s with me on that?
The denim skirt I’m wearing was one of the most comfortable ones that I tried on, so I had to make it mine. I’m usually more of a dark wash girl, so I was shocked that I really loved the light wash denim skirt instead. I do plan on getting a dark wash one soon, though! I’m also a huge fan of distressed denim which is why I chose to purchase the distressed denim mini. I think it has so much character to it!
HOW TO WEAR A DENIM MINI FOR FALL:
1. Grab A Sweater // Grab a cozy sweater and throw it on. If it’s too long to wear with the skirt, simply tuck it into the front of your skirt. This is exactly how I’m wearing mine. It’s cute, cozy, and fun! Your options here are endless, really. You can do this with a lightweight sweater, chunky sweaters, and so on. Pair it with some heeled booties are you’re good to go.
2. Add Tights // One look that I really think is super cute is adding tights underneath your denim mini. My go-to for this is a pair of black tights but if you’re more eclectic than that, some simple, patterned tights make for a great unique-to-you look!
3. Layer Up // If you’re someone who’s always cold no matter what and you’re nervous to rock the denim mini in fall temps, layer up.
- Add a scarf with your cozy sweater
- Add a bomber jacket
- Add a vest
- Add a leather jacket (I personally love this look!)
- Add a long, cozy cardigan
Your options for layering up are pretty much endless, which is perfect for those of you who are always cold! 😉
4. Play Around With Boots // I’m a lady with small feet, so booties are pretty much my only option, haha. But for the rest of you, I encourage you to play around with different boots to wear with your denim minis! I think over-the-knee boots are SO cute when paired with denim minis.
[bctt tweet=”How To Wear A Denim Mini Skirt For Fall” username=”SummerTelban”]
– SHOP MY LOOK –
Every exact item I’m wearing here is sold out so I’ve linked multiple other options for you to shop! 🙂 Simply scroll to see all items.
Do you love fall fashion as much as I do? Do you like wearing denim skirts? What’s your favorite way to wear them? Let’s chat!