Hey there, December! How’d you get here so fast? I’m not complaining at all… December just means Christmas time is here and my vacation at the end of the month/start of the New Year is almost here!
Ever since closing and moving into our house, things have been so insane. We’ve been staying in our house for almost a month now, but we’re still not all the way moved in, haha. We still have tons in our storage unit. So, if there’s something I’m relearning this season of life, it’s “little by little”, and I’m okay with that.
Before digging into my goals for December, let’s revisit my goals that I had for November.
NOVEMBER GOALS: REVISITED
Start Pitching For The Holidays // I didn’t really pitch anything for the holidays. After all, things with the house and life in general have been crazy. I do have a few great partnerships and collaborations for this month, though. Keep your eyes peeled for them. 🙂
Start Setting Dreams & Goals For 2018 // YES! I have been doing tons of dreaming, so now it’s time to put in the planning. Honestly, I’m overwhelmed with ideas that I don’t know where to start planning, but I’ve got the passion and heart behind it all, so I know I’ll be lead to plan accordingly.
Shoot Multiple Outfits Every Photoshoot // Success! I had only a couple shoots this month and each one I was able to get in multiple outfits. Now, to keep this up!
Start Unpacking // Yes! But not as much as I was hoping to do. That’s okay. We’ve got plenty of time to make this place completely ours.
Start Developing My Office // Yes! I got my desk, filing cabinet, and vanity area set up in my office… as well as 5 boxes full of things and more clutter, haha. I’m loving my creative “suite” already, despite it’s chaos. 😉
Possibly Plan A LipSense Party // Nope. I kind of knew this was a far stretch of a goal, but I’m hoping to plan one when our home is in guest order, haha!
– DECEMBER GOALS: BLOG & PERSONAL –
1. Hit My Social Media Goals // We’re approaching the end of the year now, so I have certain goals I want to hit for my social media platforms.
- Twitter: Currently: 3,064 – GOAL: 3,200
- Facebook: Currently: 2,184 – GOAL: 2,200
- Pinterest: Currently: 4,386 – GOAL: 4,410
- Instagram: Currently: 9,560 – GOAL: 10K
It cracks me up to think that my goal for Instagram last year is the same as this year… haha! But, I really do think I can hit 10k. Though, much is out of my control since Instagram basically sucks for influencers. Fingers crossed, though!
2. Get Organized For 2018 // For blogging, December is always a tough month, since most people aren’t online that much. With the holidays, family time, and other activities, it’s not really realistic to expect many to be online. So, I’m focusing my energy on the new year already. Here’s a list of what I want to get organized with for 2018…
- Income Report
- Expense Report
- Email Newsletter – roughly plan content for at least 3 months.
- Brainstorm Partnerships
- My Office – clear the clutter and decorate.
- Organize Tax Information
- Set Goals – partnerships, social media, and general content creation
1. Pack For Our Vacation/Cruise // Friends, I have been counting down to this for awhile! A few days after Christmas, Michael and I are going on vacation with his family. We’re flying to Fort Lauderdale and staying there for a couple days, going to the Bills vs. Dolphins game in Miami, and then going on a cruise! I am so excited for it! My husband and his family are huge Miami Dolphins fans, and even though I’m from New England, I told Mike I’ll route for his team that day, haha. 😉
Anyway, I mostly have everything we need for the trip. I just have some small travel items to grab. I’m going to start packing early to make sure we don’t forget anything. Since we’re going to Massachusetts to see my family for Christmas, we’re driving up to Rochester, NY from there, which is where his family is and where we’ll be flying out of. It’s going to be crazy!
Side note: I will not be posting on CWS during my vacation at all. This is finally my time to unplug! My first post in the new year will be sometime the week of January 8th.
2. Unpack From Moving // If you follow me on Snapchat, you’ve been seeing all the behind-the-scenes of buying a house and moving in. It’s not all fun, haha. It’s been hard to balance everything on our plates, so we literally haven’t unpacked much at all. Heck, we don’t even have our closet systems figured out yet, so we’re living out of luggage and plastic bags full of clothes. So, here’s to finding time to unpacking some of our belongings.
3. Take It Easy On Myself // I have been really hard on myself lately, but it’s about time I remember to have some grace on myself. Life is not easy right now, so I need to handle myself with care. Here’s to much more self-care, resting, and grace.
P.S. If you aren’t already subscribed to “The Brew” (my almost weekly newsletter), you want to hop on that now! I have some exciting perks brewing up for those who are a part of my exclusive crew, and I want you to get in on them, too!
What are some of YOUR goals for December? Have you finished your holiday shopping yet? What are your wrapping up before 2018? Tell me all about it!