It’s FRIDAY! HOLLA. I love First Fridays! I honestly can’t believe we’re already entering June. How is 2018 going by so fast? I love June, though. Mostly because of Michael and I’s wedding anniversary on the 26th! We’ll be married 3 years this year. That totally blows my mind because it feels like we just got married yesterday. Ah! Would you like to see any wedding, marriage, or wedding planning related posts this month? Let me know and I’ll make it happen!
Today’s is also a huge celebration. You want to know why??
IT’S NATIONAL DONUT DAY!
I love donuts! I mean, who doesn’t love donuts?! They’re the perfect treat. So, go and get yourself one (or a few) today!
QUESTION & ANSWER:
1. What are your thoughts on blogging vs. vlogging? Would you ever vlog? First off, love this question! As an influencer, I think both blogging and vlogging hold a ton of power nowadays. For myself, I personally don’t think I could ever vlog. I feel like I wouldn’t really know what to talk about, plus the video editing alone is a ton of work. As I work on creating videos they’ll be more creative content focused, rather than me talking about something. I have a lot of respect for vloggers and YouTubers! Seriously, major kudos to them! There is so much that goes into vlogging than people realize – prep, equipment, editing… it’s definitely an art. Again, blogging and vlogging are both impactful and carry much influence in today’s day in age.
2. What advice would you give teen bloggers? I think teen bloggers play an important part in the influencer community, especially with social media being so prevalent in teenage lives. I first started blogging as a teen on Tumblr. Teen years can be tough and they can also be wonderful, and I think it’s important that everyone shares their story.
- Don’t let anyone look down on you because of your age.
- Go after your dreams. The journey may end up looking differently than you had expected but never let that discourage you.
- Do your research and do your best to develop a personal brand early on.
- Find a blogging mentor or a blogger to look up to.
- Make friends with other bloggers! Bloggers need other bloggers.
- Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there.
3. How do you cope with anxiety? I was just talking to one of my sisters about this the other day. Anxiety looks different for everyone, so I think everyone copes differently. For myself, it really depends on the context of my anxiety at the time. I try to push myself because that’s one way to face my anxiety head-on, but I also know my limits and when I need to tend to myself. I think it’s important to know that line and balance. When I feel an anxiety attack coming on or am in the midst of one, I try to focus on my breathing and I pray. I get really warm when I’m really anxious, so I will hug an ice pack to keep me calm lol! I am also someone who likes to be left alone when I’m anxious. So, that’s pretty much the gist of how I personally deal with anxiety.
PRODUCTS I’M CURRENTLY LOVING:
1. Tartiest PRO To Go Palette // Okay, ladies. I just got this palette in my FabFitFun Summer Box and I’m obsessed with it already. I swatched it for you on my Instagram Stories the other day (head over to see it) and all of the colors are gorgeous! I’m usually not a metallic/shimmer type girl but these ones are to die for, especially “hype” which is a stunning gold! This palette is perfect for summer travels. And the price? You honestly can’t beat it! $23!
2. Tarte’s Amazonian Clay Blush in “Exposed” // I have loved this blush ever since it was one of my birthday gifts from Ulta a couple years ago. I ordered it in the shade “exposed” recently and I’m loving the shade. It’s natural with the perfect hint of color. It’s very beachy to me, so hey! It’s definitely a summertime blush. It’s price: $29 – I genuinely think the price is worth it. It lasts all day and the compact lasts for a long time!
3. The Body Shop’s Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash // This has been a favorite of mine since last summer. I still struggle with acne (boo!) and this facial wash helps to fight it. It removes excess oils and impurities, leaving your skin fresh and purified. Definitely a must-try for those who deal with acne! The price is one you can’t beat for a product this good: $10.50! (on sale!)
4. OLLY Restful Sleep Vitamin Gummies // If you follow me on Twitter, you probably recognized that I have been having a hard time sleeping recently. I used to take these gummies and then I ran out one day, and I forgot about how much I loved them. I decided to start taking them again earlier this week and I have finally been sleeping much better. The key for me is taking them an hour before I plan to get tucked in for the night. Price: $11.99!
LINKS I LOVE:
- Styled Girls’ Day Picnic by my bestie, A Classy Fashionista
- 90-Minute Masterclass all about Email Lists by Sheila Joy
- SO looking forward to this next weekend!!
- 3 Lessons Learned From A Year Of Marriage by XO Alexis
- How To Create Good Content by The Whole Hearted Woman
Happy Friday!! What’s going on in your life this June?! Let’s chat!