This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ListerineBOLD #CollectiveBias
I have said it before and I’m going to say it again: Blogging is hard work! Being a blogger (and overall girl boss) is so much more than just writing content, which is why it’s important for me to have a morning routine that’ll always get me ready to go. Establishing a morning routine that shouts, “You’ve got this! You’re a boss!” is huge when it comes to keeping myself motivated and upbeat, no matter what obstacles might be in my way that day.
If you don’t have a great morning routine of your own already, hopefully mine can help inspire you to create your own! It’s actually a ton of fun creating one that is uniquely fit for you and your needs.
Want in on my girl boss morning routine? Let’s get down to it, shall we?
MY GIRL BOSS MORNING ROUTINE:
1. Wake Up Slowly // I am so blessed to be able to do my girl boss work during the morning and early afternoon, before I have to pick up my nanny kids in the mid-afternoon. This meaning that I can take my time waking up, which is great for me because if I wake up too quickly, I often feel sick. What do I mean by waking up slowly? Laying in bed, playing a game of solitaire on my phone, thinking about what I want my day to look like, stretching (and cracking) my body, and setting myself up for a good day with positive self talk and by choosing joy.
2. Shower & Refreshing My Breath // After I am fully awake and am feeling ready to take on the day, I’ll wander into the bathroom to grab a shower. After my shower, I always brush my teeth and rinse with Listerine COOL MINT® mouthwash. I don’t know about you, but I can’t stand morning breath at all! Listerine COOL MINT® is not only a breath saver (it kills 99.9% of bad breath germs), but it’s also proactive against plaque and gum disease. By simply adding Listerine COOL MINT® into your dental care routine, it’ll reduce 52% more plaque than just brushing and flossing alone, as well as decreasing the chance of getting gingivitis by 21% than just brushing and flossing alone. What a simple step to take to be proactive about your dental care! I also love to rinse at night before bed, this way I have 24-hour germ protection.
Listerine COOL MINT® has a great, refreshing taste that is the perfect burst of boldness to start out your day. It certainly wakes you up and makes you feel like you could take on the world. I know I love that feeling! Don’t you?
I also keep Listerine POCKETPAKS® at my desk and in my purse, as they are the perfect fresh kick after a cup of coffee or for just plain being on the go. These strips dissolve instantly and kill up to 99% of bad breath germs and odor-causing bacteria in 30 seconds.
Fun fact: Listerine COOL MINT® is only nationally branded antimicrobial mouthwash to receive the ADA Seal of Acceptance for fighting plaque and gingivitis. Crazy right? It’s a winner in my book!
3. Beauty Routine – Makeup, Hair, & Getting Dressed // As a lady, I love doing my makeup and hair every day. I have a pretty set-in-stone makeup routine, but I have fun experimenting with different eyeshadow looks, contouring, and new lip colors. I love makeup for so many reasons, but mainly because it makes me feel confident, bold, and beautiful! The same thing with my hair – whether it’s curled or wavy, I love styling it to best fit my day. Choosing my outfit for the day is one of my favorite things to do each day, but honestly, I work in my comfy clothes until I actually have to leave the house. It doesn’t matter to me what I wear, as long as I feel good about how I look in whatever it is. I can rock distressed jeans and wedges, and I can rock a top knot and white tee, either way I am confident in my skin, and that is what being bold is all about.
4. Breakfast & Coffee // Coffee is a must every morning for me. What can I say? I just love coffee and all its benefits. It’s been a recent goal of mine to eat breakfast every day, and I have been doing a great job at keeping up with it. Breakfast helps me get fueled for the day and for all of the work I have. Both breakfast food and coffee help me to prepare and focus on all of my blog work for the day.
5. Scheduling My Day // There’s nothing that makes me feel more prepared for my day by planning it out. I would be lost without my editorial calendar and my notepads, upon notepads. Being a girl boss, I have to have plan things out if I want to succeed. Scheduling not only keeps me organized, but it helps me feel like I have everything under control, even if I don’t. Planning helps me attack my day with every bit of enthusiasm that I have to chase after my goals before diving into my work for the day.
Earlier I mentioned that when I’m waking up slowly, I like to try my best and set my mind on positive self talk from the start of the day. I’ll be honest, it’s not always easy, but it is completely possible! When your mind is set on the positives, nothing can hold you back. When you’re thinking positively, you’re choosing to be bold! Having a hard time coming up with some positive self talk? Don’t fret, friends – I have got some simple, yet actionable tips for you.
TIPS FOR POSITIVE SELF TALK:
1. Take a deep breath and evaluate where you are.
2. Choose to reach for joy and contentment no matter what.
3. Focus on the little things.
4. Remember that you’re worth it!
5. Embrace who you are and love yourself.
Be sure to grab your Listerine COOL MINT® mouthwash and Listerine POCKETPAKS® at Walmart the next time you’re there! These items are conveniently found in the toothpaste aisle. Be sure to be fresh and bold with Listerine and take advantage of this $1 off coupon!
What makes you feel bold and confident? What is something that you do every morning to start off your day on the right foot? Do you have a special routine or ritual in the morning? Let’s chat about our bold morning routines together, friends!