It’s 2019!! Let’s do this thing! I’m ready to work my butt off and make CWS an even better place for you to thrive this year.
In the past, I have shared my blog goals for the year at the start of every new year. At this point, with blogging being my full-time job, my long-term goals are pretty much always the same or are related. Therefore, I don’t really see the point of sharing my long-term blog goals for the year anymore.
Instead, I’m going to be taking my goals quarter by quarter and sharing them with you. You can expect to see blogging goals AND personal goals of mine each quarter.
I am eager to dig into 2019 and all that it has for me. I have an unshakable feeling in my bones that this year is going to be even better than last year… and that’s saying a lot since last year was pretty dang great! 🙂
BLOG GOALS – QUARTER 1:
1. Get Consistent With My Weekly Newsletter // I am really making my e-mail newsletter a priority this quarter. It’s something I’ve always struggled with. Email marketing does not come easily to me at all. It’s a lot of work. I have already been brainstorming since last month on some ways that I’ll grow consistent and I’m excited to put those strategies into practice. For inconsistent marketers like me, you can use an agency to run your ads instead.
If you’d like to subscribe to my weekly newsletter, you can do so in the box below.
2. Work On My Next Big Resources For Bloggers // My e-book, Leverage Your Lifestyle Blog, was such a hit last year and I’m so glad it was helpful to so many other bloggers. Helping other bloggers is something that’s very special to me which is why I blog about blogging and social media often. I love seeing everyone flourish! I can’t give you any details on my next big resource but I can tell you, it’s going to be awesome! 🙂
My goal is to have it launched by the end of Quarter 1 at the latest.
3. Stay Consistent With My New Instagram Stories Series // At the end of last year, I found myself really wanting to leverage my Instagram Stories to the next level. That’s when I had a fun idea pop into my head: have a weekly series! At first, I was on the fence about giving it a go for a couple of reasons. 1. It really will take a lot of planning on my end. 2. Life happens a lot, so I was letting my nerves about that creep in. I decided that even if life does happen (I get sick, am traveling, etc.) that it’ll be ok if I have to end up missing a day. Of course, I’m going to try and stick to it 100% if I can!
Here are my prompts for each day of the week:
- Monday – Monday Motivation: I’ll share a motivational quote I’m taking on for the week and how it can motivate you, as well.
- Tuesday – Tip Tuesday: I’ll be rotating through different tips on the topics of blogging, self-care, and general life. They’ll be informational, fun, and maybe even a bit silly, like “the more you know” type of tips.
- Wednesday – YOU get to choose what I chat about every Wednesday! I’ll have a poll or question box on my IG Stories at the start of the week about what you’ll want to chat about on Wednesday.
- Thursday – Real Talk Thursday: You already know that I love keepin’ it real and that’s what Thursdays will be for. It can range from inspirational, positive rants, random thoughts, and more. I’ll also be taking suggestions from you!
- Friday – Friday Favorites: I’ll share one or two of my favorite things of the week. They could be beauty products, clothing items, lifestyle products, and more.
4. Step Up My Affiliate Marketing Strategy // Affiliate marketing is another thing that just doesn’t seem to come naturally to me. I feel as if I’ve tried all that I can so far, haha and it’s just not working. Eek!! So, here’s to digging in and doing more research with the help of perhaps the Best Affiliate Marketing Courses. If ya have any tips for me, let me know! 🙂
PERSONAL GOALS – QUARTER 1:
1. Get Back Into Yoga & My Workout Routine // Friends, I was doing SO good until December hit and now that the holidays are over, I really need to get back into action. I’m wanting to focus mostly on cardio, my arms, and inner thighs. Working out takes so much self-discipline and one thing I definitely need to get better at it sticking to my routine even if I don’t feel well or up to it.
2. Get Some Projects Done Around The House // Michael and I have so much that we want to get done around the house still. From DIYs to organization, we have a lot to do, haha.
Here are some projects I’m hoping to get done this quarter:
- Make a pantry out of our hallway closet. This closet is also the only way into the attic, so when we put in shelving, we’ll make it removable. I’m hoping to recap it on the blog when we finish the project.
- Organize my office closet. My office closet is decently organized right now but I want to make a nicer looking system of it, haha. We use my office closet for some storage and of course, for some of my blog things.
- Organize our guest room and closet. Our guest room is a hot mess right now LOL. It’s like our catch-all room. Hoping to organize it and keep it that way!
- Spruce up our bedroom! We need new bedside tables and hopefully, we can mount our TV on the wall to pull out when we want to watch it. I used to say I never wanted a TV in our bedroom but let’s be real, it’s much better with one.
- Find affordable furniture that’s my style for our sitting room. I’m really wanting to collab with a company that I love for this, so we will see!
3. Get Back To Studying The Word // I am very passionate about scripture and theology and to be honest, it’s been a hot sec since I really dove in. I miss it and it’s really an essential part of life for me. I’ve just begun reading, “The Heart-Home Builder” by Rachel Braunscheidel and oh my heart, it is already so refreshing for me. It’s the perfect read to have alongside my devotional time. It’s all about cultivating an inner sanctuary of peace, with Jesus, even in the midst of life’s difficulties. I highly recommend it for all of my sisters out there!
4. Try To Relax // The past few months have been crazy stressful. Honestly, I think most of the stress I create in my mind, haha. Ugh! It’s been taking a toll on me and my anxiety and depression. It’s been a struggle. So, here’s to relaxing and breathing when I start to feel overwhelmed.
What are some of your goals for Quarter 1? Let’s chat!