Hey, hey! It’s been a while, friends. How are you all doing? I hope your summers are off to an incredible start. I know I have been a bit MIA here on my blog but I’ve been insanely active on all of my other platforms. To be honest, I have been in a lull with my blog for a few months now. I have content ideas that I know you’ll love but it’s hard to write these days. When I get the rare chance to write, I feel as if I have no drive or energy to do so. It’s SO hard! But more on this further down.
– WHAT’S GOING ON IN MY LIFE –
- Taya and I had a great trip to Massachusetts at the beginning of the month. It’s always so nice seeing family and some close friends back home. I miss home. Before the craziness of 2020 and before having Taya, I never experienced homesickness. But wow, has that changed. It makes me happy to see Taya enjoying my family and friends, especially seeing her play with her cousins! I’m hoping to potentially take another short trip back at some point this summer.
- I got a new tattoo when I was in MA! I got some beautiful primrose flowers (Taya’s birth flower) added to my arm and I’m in love with how it came out. Now for more ink.
- We went to Hershey Park with some friends last week and Taya loved it. It was a bit overstimulating at first with all of the noise and people, but Taya warmed right up. It was also my first time at Hershey! I’ve gotten questions asking if it’s worth bringing a young toddler and for us, yes. Taya enjoyed the rides and the experience. Definitely go in with a plan and an idea of the park map/where the rides are.
- We have no huge plans for July right now. It’ll be a nice low-key month!
– RECENT FUN PARTNERSHIPS –
- Pampers Cruisers 360 FIT campaign on Instagram and TikTok!
- Father’s Day TikTok campaign with Verizon!
– BLOG & CONTENT CREATION NEWS –
As I mentioned earlier, I’m in a rut with my blog content. Many of you know that I’m a full-time content creator and have been for a good 4 years now. I love what I do but the industry is always changing and shifting. When I first started paid partnerships with brands 6 years ago (a year into my blogging journey), blog posts were a priority to most brands in sponsorships. That’s completely changed over the past couple of years. Brands now prioritize Instagram content higher than any other content (in my opinion).
Before I share more, please understand that I didn’t start my blog to make money. In fact, when I launched my blog in 2014, I had no idea that it was even possible to monetize a blog. Now here I am 7 years later and content creation is my profession. I’m grateful for the journey I’ve had so far! I love what I do.
With brands not really interested in sponsored blog post partnerships like they used to be, it’s time for me to reevaluate my blog and all of my content creation. Don’t worry! I’m still going to blog, partnerships or not. But I’m definitely going to be approaching my blog content differently from here on out.
I’m going to continue to take on partnerships on all of my other platforms, as well as here on my blog when a good opportunity is available. Instagram and TikTok are my top platforms where I get the best partnerships, so I’m going to focus on taking on more partnerships there. That’s where the money is, so that’s where I need to give extra attention right now. This is how I make a living.
In regards to my blog content, I’m still going to focus on monetizing it. Instead of worrying about getting blog partnerships, I’m going to work hard on growing my pageviews which increasing my ad income. I’m also going to take more time to focus on affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing hasn’t been something that’s ever come easy to me but seeing an insanely huge increase over the past year, I’m excited to get more serious about it.
As always, thank you for your continued support! It means the world.