Hey, it’s April! I don’t know if you noticed but I stopped posting monthly goals posts as of last month.
I loved writing them and I know many of you expressed that you enjoyed reading them, but for some reason, they became less helpful to me. I found that most months I had the same goals over and over, and it wasn’t because I wasn’t accomplishing anything the previous months. Instead, it was because many of my goals are long-term or continuous. For example, growing my social media platforms and continuing to eat healthier are goals that I’ll always have and aren’t just monthly.
I asked all of you on Instagram and Twitter what you thought about this situation and most of you enjoyed my idea of having quarterly goals posts instead of monthly. SO! That’s what I’ll be doing from now on. I’m pretty excited about it.
Since this is a new thing I’m just starting, we won’t be reviewing any past quarterly goals this time around. In future quarterly goals posts, I’ll be sharing my progress on my previous goals.
– QUARTER 2 GOALS –
1. Sell At Least 30 More Copies Of My E-Book // My e-book launched a month ago and it’s been a hit so far! I am happy with the results so far but I am excited to see more. It’s been so encouraging to me to see how much it’s already helping those who’ve taken the dive into my e-book. LEVERAGE isn’t just an e-book for lifestyle bloggers, it’s also a workbook! When I created LEVERAGE, I didn’t want it to be just a book, I wanted it to be an interactive guide on how to take your lifestyle blog to the next level.
If you’re a lifestyle blogger who’s feeling stuck and unable to grow, LEVERAGE is for you. If you’re a new lifestyle blogger just starting out, LEVERAGE is for you. If you’re wanting to get serious about blogging and get on the road to monetizing your blog, LEVERAGE is for you!
For more information, feel free to email me or click the image below!
2. Pitch & Land Long-Term Partnerships // Quarter 1 was SUCH a struggle for me in pitching brands directly. I sent tons and tons of pitches out and would follow up tons and tons of times and had very little success. To be transparent, it’s been quite frustrating.
- Respond excited to work together but then tell me they have “no budget” and can’t pay me
- Tell me that they’d love to work with me but I’m “too small” in their eyes to be “worth paying”
- Respond back and forth and get a good thing going and all of a sudden… they ghost me and won’t respond to any of my attempts to reach out.
- Simply never reply to my original pitch
It’s been very discouraging because these situations make me question my worth and make me wonder if I should keep on pitching. <— Those thoughts right there, though… are lies! It’s hard to not dwell on them when nothing is going how you had planned, but I can’t let the rejection from and silence from brands dictate my worth. If they can’t see my value, it’s their loss.
SO! After a quarter of discouragement, I’m rising back up and getting back in the game.
3. Gain More Blog Coaching Clients // The past two months I have been having a BLAST with my clients! I have always loved giving advice on blogging but my coaching biz has completely confirmed this passion of mine.
I decided to revamp how I run my sessions a tiny bit to make them run for a LONGER period of time. I decided to run all packages in 2-month blocks to make it overall more valuable for my clients and it also helps me, as well. You can get all of the details by clicking the image below.
Lose 5lbs & Tone Up // I have shared briefly about the fact that I have lost 15lbs since November. I actually dropped 13lbs in less than 2 months and then kept at that weight for a few months. I recently just dropped 2 more pounds. I feel amazing! I never thought I’d ever get back to my high school weight, never mind dipping under it.
To get where I am today, all I have done is this:
- Portion control
- Lightly calorie counting
- Cutting out unnecessary sweets
- Reaching for healthy snacks over junk food
- Eating out only once a week, if that
Those are all very simple changes and clearly, they can make a huge difference! I’m wanting to keep to what I have been doing but I need to start incorporating exercise again. I’m really hoping to start dancing again more and I’m *considering* getting a gym membership. Gyms give me anxiety but I’m willing to try and push past it again to see how it goes. I’m not wanting to get jacked or anything haha, I just want to tone up. My arms and my inner thighs are my biggest issues, so I’ll be focusing mainly on them!
I’m very happy with where I’m at. If I can drop 5 pounds more, I’ll officially reach my goal weight. Here’s to working hard.
2. Plan A Vacation // Friends, I am in desperate need of a vacation and have been for a long time now. I have been going and going pretty much nonstop the past few months and am still running around until the end of May. SO! I’m hoping that I can plan a vacation for sometime in June or really anytime in the summer.
Michael and I are going to have a short staycation in April but after the craziness we’ve been dealing with in work and in life, we’re going to need more than a few restful days.
I’m dying to get back down south – even just to one of the Carolinas or something. We will see.
3. Focus On The Present // Getting super real here…. but I am always so focused on the future. It’s not a bad thing but it’s not always a good thing either. I’m longing to have babies and to be a momma, but it’s just not time yet and that’s heartbreaking for me. I’m trying to focus on all the good that I have in my life right now (which is a lot), but it’s still tough. So, here’s to being present. Here’s to the now. Here’s to being completely here in everything – the joyful and the messy situations. This is probably my toughest goal but it is very intentional for me.
How are you doing with your goals? Do you do them monthly, like how I used to? Or do you do them a different way? I’d love to know what some of your current goals are!