I can’t believe we’re already entering the 4th quarter of the year. 2018 has been flying by so fast, I can’t keep up! *affiliate links
Most of you know by now that I used to share my monthly goals here on CWS but after January of this year, I decided that monthly goals were no longer serving me. Many of my goals are more long-term goals rather than short-term goals, so that’s when I decided to start sharing my goals quarterly instead. I feel so much freer and even accomplished after switching to this method not only for CWS but also for my life in general.
QUARTER 3 GOALS: REVISITED
1. Start Working On More Video Content // I did not get to this but I did create a video of a dance piece I choreographed.
2. Plan A Blogger Brunch & Workshop // We didn’t get to this because of #life, haha.
3. Reach 1 Million Monthly Views On Pinterest // Getting there! I’m over 700K monthly viewers now and a very large portion of my traffic comes from Pinterest, so I’m taking that as a win!
1. Keep Up With Self-Care // Eh, I’ve been good and bad. I haven’t been consistent. There’s been a lot happening that I can share about soon! But I’ve sadly let stress take over my life a bit the past month.
2. Make Travel Plans For Fall // Yes! I’m in Rochester, NY right now until tomorrow, then to NYC mid-month, and then to New England the first weekend in November!
3. Yoga // Yes!! Yoga has been so relaxing for me. I’ve incorporated into my daily workout routine, as well as into my nighttime routine before bed.
While I set these main goals for myself, I did have other goals of mine completed and even landed some great opportunities that I wasn’t planning on just yet. So while I still have a ways to go with some of my goals, I’m still happy I’ve completed others!
I also took on a side job of managing an Airbnb, so a good chunk of my time has been spent there since it’s still a new listing.
QUARTER 4 GOALS:
1. Grow In Time Management // With taking on a side job, it’s been a tiny bit tricky balancing my time between both. While blogging is still full-time for me, I just have to find a way to fit my side hustle into my regular life. There’s been a lack of blog posts this month because of this transition and others that are coming up in my life. Here’s to growing more.
2. Start Dreaming For 2019 // This year has been my best year yet for Coffee With Summer and I’m only seeing up and up from here. I may appear to grow slower than others but I’ve had some great opportunities because I stay true to myself, my brand, and authentic strategies. I’m already dreaming up big ideas and plans for the new year.
3. Get Pitching Again // The past few months have been extremely busy for me so it’s been hard to stick to a pitching “schedule”. I still have landed quite a bit without actively putting myself out there but I’m excited to get back out there again. I have so many big ideas for projects and I can’t wait to make them work out.
4. Do An Instagram Live // Instagram live’s are super nerve-wracking for me. My first experience doing one alone over a year ago was not a good experience, haha. I’ve done two joint lives on Instagram since then and they went really well! I’ve been wanting to do some solo lives but it’s taking me a bit to muster up the determination and energy to. But, I’ve got this!
5. Finish The Year Strong // I have worked so hard this year. I have grown so much and I have accomplished much. I’m not going to kid you – I am very tired from it all! But, I’m going to keep pushing and finish this year out strong.
1. Start Christmas Shopping // I know, I know… it’s early. I’ve shared before that it’s my long-term goal to Christmas shop throughout the year when there are good sales. I’m not there quite yet but I have been going earlier and earlier each year and it has been so helpful! There are more sales and it’s way less stressful than cramming close to the holidays. Plus, I don’t have to deal with everyone out at the stores, haha.
2. Get Back To Beachbody on Demand // I started using BOD this spring because one of my good friends from college is a BOD coach! I loved it. Being able to work out in the comfort of my own home was huge for me. Life got busy and I had to cut out some costs, so I had to stop it for the summer but I hope to start it again soon.
3. Stick To My Work Out Schedule // Aside from the last two weeks, I have had a really good consistent work out schedule going. I focus on mostly cardio, abs, and yoga but I finally started some basic training with weights for my arms. I was loving it! But then life happened… which should be no excuse. So here’s to kicking my butt back into gear again.
4. Find Some Good, Quality Jeans That Fit // I am super short and petite, yet I have hips… so it’s very hard to find jeans that fit. I’m not really all that into denim – I prefer jeggings because I’m all about being comfortable all of the time. I’m currently in between sizes which makes the struggle even harder, haha. But, I’m on a mission! Jeans shopping can be more defeating than bikini shopping for me, so I’m hoping to stay positive through my hunt!
5. Find Some Furniture For Our Sitting Room // Now that we’ve put in new flooring in our gorgeous sitting room, I’m on the hunt to finally furnish it. We haven’t had anything in it this entire year of owning it. I want to make smart investments in pieces that are true to my style but are also affordable. Fingers crossed!
This gray sweater dress is my new favorite dress! It’s from The Cheeky Lemon! They have a ton of cute fall fashion finds. Use code: SUMMER15 for 15% off your order with them!
That’s a wrap for my quarter 4 goals! Of course, I have smaller goals in addition to all of those, but those are huge for me! Let me know some of your current goals! Let’s chat!