Hey friends! Yesterday was my birthday! I wanted to get this post live yesterday but I ended up just enjoying the day offline for the most part. I’m glad I did. 🙂
I had the best low-key day. The night before my birthday, Michael brought home Outback curbside to go for dinner which was the sweetest thing. Outback is our favorite! Mike was off work in the morning so we took a trip with Taya to Target (aka my favorite place) and did some shopping. I carted a new candle and a letterboard. I took a nap when Taya napped and made cinnamon rolls in the afternoon. After Taya went to bed, I cozied up on the couch and watched Firefly Lane on Netflix. It was a great day.
Originally, I was going to do a 28 questions Q&A-type of post but then I realized that 28 questions are A LOT to answer in one post, haha. Instead, I have decided to share 28 things that I’m grateful for. Being completely transparent here, I’m in a little bit of a funk so focusing on gratitude is essential to pushing through!
28 things I’m grateful for:
- God and His neverending grace and love.
- Michael – the most loving and supportive husband. I don’t know what I’d do without him!
- Taya Joy – my sweet & sassy sunshine girl. God knew I needed her!
- My family – through the mess and all the love.
- Social media – It might be strange to say that but if there’s ever been a time I’ve been really grateful for the online world, it’s definitely been this last year.
- To be able to pursue my blog and content creation career full-time. I’m going on year 4 of being able to do so!
- Being able to focus on my work AND be a stay-at-home mama to Taya.
- My friends – online and in real life.
- My online community – you’re all the real MVPs!
- Juniper – the best cat ever!
- Hugs and cuddles from Taya.
- My relationships with my two younger sisters. They mean the world to me. I treasure our friendships and sisterhood!
- Having a safe and secure place to live.
- Leggings and sweats. Legit. I’m all about being comfortable!
- Plush blankets.
- Cluster pillows – the best pillows ever.
- Hot showers.
- Nail polish – one of my favorite “me-time” things to do.
- Being able to encourage others.
- Baby clothing – silly, I know. But styling Taya in adorable clothes is what partially saved me this last year.
- True crime podcasts – weird, I know. My safety knowledge and boundaries have grown.
- Trips alone to T.J. Maxx just to browse.
- Phone calls with my best friend from high school and phone calls with my sisters.
- Trello – seriously, it’s been a huge help in getting every part of my life more organized.
- Seeing God work amidst the common.
Cheers to 28! Thank you for being here! I have so much to share this next year.