This post was sponsored by Barilla, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
It’s so secret that Michael and I both lead very crazy lives! We have seasons where things are normal-paced and enjoyable, and we have seasons where we’re both on-the-go all of the time with work and life in general. We have been married close to three years now and the one thing we’ve always had a hard time keeping up with during the busy seasons of our life has been date night.
I think it’s a common misconception that date nights have to be out and about and overly romantic but friends, that’s not the case. Let’s be real, most of the time that’s not the case. While date nights out are really special, I’d even go to say that date nights in can be even more fun! Date nights in are always our go-to when we have a lot going on. We have actually been in a busy season for a couple months now but thankfully, we’ve kept up with date night this time around.
TIPS FOR KEEPING DATE NIGHT STRONG DURING BUSY SEASONS:
- Schedule it in! We have learned that if we don’t schedule date night during a busy season, it most likely won’t happen. Find a night that works for both of you and book it in advance. Try to have a date night once a week!
- Plan what you want to do. Do you want to go out? Or do you want to stay in? Decide in advance and then further your plans.
- Plan dinner ahead of time. If you’re having a date night in, choose what you’ll be having for dinner the same time you schedule your date night. We’ve been loving Barilla Ready Pasta for quick and easy dishes!
- Have conversation! Talk, talk, talk to each other! Date nights are all about keeping the love alive. Over dinner, chat about life and nothing work related. Make some plans and set some goals together. Keep conversation light and fun.
Like I just mentioned, we’ve been loving Barilla Ready Pasta for easy dinners for date nights in. We’re all about convenience without sacrificing quality and 60 seconds to perfect pasta with Barilla Ready Pasta has been an amazing find of ours!
Each package of Barilla Ready Pasta is two servings and is made with three simple ingredients: sea salt, olive oil, and pasta.
Michael and I are huge pasta fans (who isn’t?!) so we’re always trying out new pasta recipes. Pasta is always reinventing itself, sparking new trends and culinary creations. I love that pasta allows me to express my individuality through its versatility.
The Barilla Ready Pasta is super easy to make. All you have to do is put it in the microwave for 60 seconds and then it’s cooked to perfection. The best part? You cook it right in the pouch! All you have to do is tear the top of the pouch for airflow.
Today I’m sharing one of our all-time favorite pasta recipes. Just like the quick, 60-second pasta, this recipe is just as quick!
BARILLA PESTO BROCCOLI PASTA:
- 1 8.5 oz bag Barilla Ready Pasta
- 2 teaspoons Barilla Pesto Sauce
- 1 bag 12 oz Chopped Broccoli (in steamable bag)
- 3 tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 tbs. Butter
- 1 tbs. Garlic Powder
- 1 tbs. Chicken Boulon
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Water
- In the microwave, steam broccoli as directed. When finished, pour into a large bowl.
- Add 2 teaspoons of Barilla Pesto sauce, 2 tbs. olive oil, 1 tbs. butter, 1 tbs. garlic powder, 1 tbs. chicken boulon, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup water to the broccoli.
- Stir together.
- Put Barilla Ready Pasta pouch in microwave and cook for 60 seconds.
- Put pasta in a large bowl.
- Add desired amount of the broccoli pesto sauce to the pasta.
- Serve on plates.
- Add more grated Parmesan cheese and salt & pepper as desired.
The recipe is super quick and easy to make! You can really change it up and make it your own to your own preferred tastes, which is one of the main reasons why I really love it. I always add more grated Parmesan cheese on top of mine!
The next time you’re at Walmart, make sure you pick some of the Barilla Ready Pasta up for yourself to try. We chose the Rotini for our recipe but they also have Gemelli, Elbows, and Penne pasta in the Barilla Ready Pasta pouches. Be sure to grab your digital reward with Shopkicks!
The Barilla Ready Pasta is perfect for your date night in dinner, but they’re also great options for a side dish when you have friends over or for a snack throughout the day.
This dish is so quick and easy to make that when Mike lets me know he’s almost home from work, I can whip it up and it’s ready as he pulls in the driveway. This way we can enjoy a great dinner and conversation awhile before watching a movie or playing a game for the rest of our date night.
Interested in more inspirational Barilla recipes? Click here to register for their weekly email newsletter.
How do you keep date night alive when you’re busy? Let me in on your secrets! Have you tried Barilla Ready Pasta yet? You’ve got to! Which would you try first? Let’s chat!