Stress is something we all deal with as adults, which is why it’s important to find ways to navigate it and to relieve it. *Affiliate Links
Stress comes from many different places and can affect us many different ways. While stress isn’t something we could ever avoid completely, there are ways we can combat it, so that it doesn’t overcome our lives.
When I look back on the heavily saturated seasons of stress in my life, the seasons that I had creative outlets to turn to were the seasons that left me without anxiety. I have always been a creative person, especially in more expressive outlets. If I didn’t have creative outlets to turn to, I know for sure that stress would dominate my life.
[bctt tweet=”Living in a society that oozes of stress, it’s important that we have a creative outlet to turn to.” username=”SummerTelban”]
We’re living in a society that runs on pressure and stress, and this isn’t healthy one bit. I think that everyone could be reaching for a greater level of creativity simply for the fact that it can help aleviate the stress in their lives.
Today, I’m touching on 5 creative outlets that have been immensely helpful to me in seasons of stress.
5 CREATIVE OUTLETS TO RELIEVE STRESS:
1. Listening To Or Playing Music // Music is something that most people can find relaxation and enjoyment in. Whether you’re one who loves to listen or someone who loves to play, I think it’s safe to say that music is a sure gift that can help soothe any stressed out soul. If you’re a lover of many genres of music, I recommend taping into your love for more soothing tunes for when you’re looking to relieve stress. Below is a playlist full of some of my go-to relaxing tunes. Enjoy!
2. Bake Your Favorite Treat // Is there really anything better than indulging in your favorite baked good after a stressful day? I love comfort foods and treats – no shame. Brownies are typically my go-to baked good for when I’m needing a pick-me-up. When you simply need a moment to retreat and treat yo’self, I recommend taking the time to bake your favorite treat yourself. It’s easy to go pick up some donuts at the store, but the process of making them yourself will allow you to de-stress, and even better, you’ll enjoy them even more.
[bctt tweet=”Treat yo’self. Bake your favorite treat when you need a pick-me-up!” username=”SummerTelban”]
Recommended Treat: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars
3. Paint, Draw, & Color // Some of the most common things people jump to when thinking of creativity is painting, drawing, and coloring – some kind of artistic creation. These are all classic creative outlets to turn to when you need a moment to unwind and breathe. Painting is something that I wouldn’t say I’m talented at, but it’s very therapeutic to me, which is what having a creative outlet is all about. Adult coloring books have been extremely popular over the past couple of years, and are a great way to get your mind off of any kind of stress.
GREAT, AFFORDABLE ADULT COLORING BOOKS
4. Take On A DIY Project // DIY projects are some of the most fun activities you can do to get your mind off the stresses of life. DIY projects are great, because you get to choose your project based on making something that’ll be useful to you. If you’re a creative, you could DIY a desk organizer. If you’re someone who’s always on the go, you could DIY some neat car organization hacks, like a phone holder, or you could make a new lanyard. The beautiful thing about DIY projects is that they can be big or small, and you can choose them based on the time you have available to focus on them.
[bctt tweet=”5 Creative Outlets To Relieve Stress” username=”SummerTelban”]
5. Put On Your Dancing Shoes // As someone who grew up as a dancer, and someone who will forever be a dancer, this creative outlet is my personal favorite. For me, choreographing or improv dance is some of the best medicine. Now, you don’t have to be a dancer to dance. I know you’ve heard the phrase, “dance like no one is watching.” Do just that. If you need to get some stress you, you’ve got to get loose! Put on some music and dance around. Other alternatives to dancing that can help just as much are cardio exercise, yoga, and hiking.
What are some ways that you like to relieve stress? What outlet is your all-time favorite creative outlet that never lets you down? Let’s chat!