Ahhhhh, the weekend is finally here! It’s time to unwind, refresh, and refuel for the next week ahead. But, it’s not always easy to actually focus on resting throughout the weekend, is it?
I am a huge believer in having a healthy work-life balance. One huge part of maintaining a healthy work-life balance is actually taking breaks on the weekend. I am beyond grateful that I have the weekend to rest and recuperate for many different reasons.
Today, I wanted to share some great self-care ideas for the weekend. I believe that everyone deserves and needs rest and time to pour into themselves. Weekends are the perfect times to check-in with yourself and to invest in yourself. Are you at a loss as what to do this weekend to grow in self-care? Don’t worry, I have got some ideas for you. 🙂
7 SELF-CARE IDEAS FOR THE WEEKEND:
1. Unplug From Social Electronics // On Friday, at about 6:00 PM, I start to limit my my phone and laptop usage. As a full-time blogger, it’s extremely important for me to unplug from my electronics the best that I can on the weekends, as I’m on them constantly during the week. Even if you’re not someone who works heavily through electronics, you need time to unplug, as well. With everything going on in the world, it’s important to take a step back from the media and everyone’s opinions, so that you can focus on where you’re at and where your heart is in everything.
Related Reading: 6 Signs You Should Consider A Social Media Break
2. Sleep In // Sleep is one of the most neglected areas of self-care nowadays, and that needs to change. It’s important to develop proper sleeping habits (I’m preaching to myself here, haha), so if that means sleeping in on a Saturday morning to help you get there, then so be it. There’s no shame in sleeping in. So, I encourage you to not set your alarm one day during the weekend. Let your body sleep until it wants to. You’ll be amazed at how much better you’ll feel when you let yourself sleep as long as your body needs. It’s such a refreshing feeling.
3. Have A Slow Morning (Or Day) // Continuing on from sleeping in, if you’re in need of extra rest, try taking it slow all morning or all day long. Slow mornings are so relaxing and if you focus on your areas of need during them, you’ll truly feel a huge weight lifted off of your shoulders. Sleep in, brew some coffee, read a book, and lounge around. It’s important to take time to just be.
[bctt tweet=”It’s so important to take time to sit back and just be.” username=”SummerTelban”]
4. Exercise Your Creativity // Do you like to paint, draw, or take on DIY projects? Yes? Then take some time on the weekends to do them. For me, I enjoy painting from time to time. It’s therapeutic and is a great way to get out anything that I’m feeling. Drawing and DIY projects not your thing? Don’t worry, you’re still creative! Maybe you enjoy going out and gardening or making music. Whatever your creative side needs, tend to it. Do you!
[bctt tweet=”Exercise your creativity. It’ll always refresh you, and make you feel full and alive.” username=”SummerTelban”]
5. Take A Day Trip // Weekends are a great time to get out and adventure around, especially in the warmer seasons. My husband and I love finding new coffee shops and shopping places. I think weekends are a great time to explore your town. It’s crazy how little we might know about our town, simply because we’re never out in it. Get downtown, visit some local shops, and mingle with other locals in the area. Prefer a day trip to the beach or the city? Get out there and explore! Honestly, day trips are the best, because they’re like a mini vacation. Plus, they help tide you over until your next long vacation. You feel me? They’re the best.
6. Make Your Favorite Meal // During the week, we can easily become overwhelmed with all of our work and activities, so sometimes it can be hard to make your favorite meals. Or even if you do, you might not be able to fully enjoy them. So, make them on the weekends! I love Shepherd’s Pie, it’s one of my favorites since childhood. What’s one of your favorite meals? You should totally make it this weekend and take the time to savor it!
7. Take A Long Shower Or Bath // I know, I know – showers and baths are on every self-care idea lists. But c’mon, they deserve to be. Ladies, you all know that you love to get into a hot bath with a brand new LUSH bath bomb, am I right? If you’ve never used a bath bomb, you’re missing out and need to get one right away. In the hustle and bustle of weekdays, it’s hard to relax in the shower. So, on the weekends, take an extra 10 minutes or so in the bath or shower. I find that I get most of my creative ideas and thoughts in the shower, so taking extra time to rejuvenate in them over the weekend does wonders for me.
[bctt tweet=”7 Self-Care Ideas For The Weekend” username=”SummerTelban”]
I know that everyone’s work schedules aren’t Monday through Friday, so what I’m really trying to get across here is that you take time to rest. Everyone needs and deserves a break. Don’t neglect them. If you do, you’ll burn out. So, whatever your weekend days may be… Please, sit back and take a break.
Do you use your weekends to relax and recuperate? Do you like staying in to rest, or do you enjoy a fun adventure? What are some of your best self-care tips for the weekends? Let’s chat!
Don’t forget to connect with me on social media!