You all know that this year I have been having a serious case of the travel bug and to be honest, I don’t think it’s ever going to go away. Traveling is something that I have always wanted for myself and this year has been filled with tons of it. Of course, I’m loving it! My husband, Michael, also loves to travel so when we were thinking of what to do to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary, it only made sense for us to take a trip somewhere on our bucket list.
As I have been dipping my toes into traveling more, I have realized that it’s a common misconception that traveling is expensive. That doesn’t have to be the case at all, as you can do all sorts of things like staying in a motel that is comparatively inexpensive or find some kind of deal that combines the flight, a place to stay, and in some cases even a tour or two. Today I’m going to be sharing how Michael and I were able to plan our amazing anniversary trip on a budget!How To Plan Your Anniversary Trip On A Budget Click To Tweet
HOW TO PLAN YOUR ANNIVERSARY TRIP ON A BUDGET:
1. Create A Realistic Budget Plan For Your Life // Before you even considering making travel a priority in your life, you’ve got to set a solid budget for your life. Sit down with your love and talk about the necessities that you always need to budget for like groceries, mortgage/rent, utilities, student debt settlement loans, your savings, and so on. After you’ve gotten down to the nitty-gritty on all of that, then you can start to choose where you want to put your “fun” money to. It’s amazing how much money you can spend on coffee, going out to eat, and random odds and ends here and there. If you want to travel more or at least for celebration trips, you definitely need to cut back on all of the extra expenses in your life. If you crack down on your money, set realistic goals for yourselves and stick to them, you can make anything happen.If you crack down on your money, set realistic goals for yourselves and stick to them, you can make anything happen. Click To Tweet
2. Set A Budget For Your Trip // Just like everything else you need to pay for in life, you need to set a budget for any and all trips that you plan on taking. Set your budget in advance and start to save towards your trip travel budget goal. Whatever your budget is for your trip, you can always make it work if you put in the work first. If you think your budget may not be enough, it’s worth considering taking out payday loans online.
3. Book Your Trip With Expedia Add-On Advantage™ // Michael and I started booking our trip over a month in advance. After choosing Nashville as our destination, we logged onto Expedia and started looking up airfare options. The Expedia Add-On Advantage is the best new way to book any trip because it offers ease, flexibility, and savings! Savings! Yes, savings! Who doesn’t love savings?
Expedia Add-On Advantage lets you save more on hotels and takes the pressure off planning and paying for your entire trip all at once. The Add-On Advantage lets you take all the time you need to research the perfect hotel at the perfect price. The hotel discounts with the Add-On Advantage are only unlocked after you’ve booked any flight, car rental, or package and stay unlocked until the start of your trip.
How Expedia Add-On Advantage Works:
- Go to Expedia.com and log in or create a free account.
- Shop for and book any flight, car rental, or package. (Don’t book a hotel – you’ll be returning later to lock in your hotel at a discount with the Add-On Advantage!)
- When you’re ready to book your hotel, return to Expedia.com, log in, and browse hotel deals in your destination. Be sure to look for hotels with the “Add-On Advantage” badge. Expedia will also send you an email letting you know you unlocked hotel discounts due to your recent travel purchase, so you can use the link in that email to search hotel deals, as well.
Booking with Expedia Add-On Advantage was such a smooth process for us from start to finish. We really loved that it allowed us the flexibility to pay for our flights first and then book our hotel afterward. It can be stressful paying for everything all up front, but the Add-On Advantage eliminates all of that stress for you! I highly recommend booking with Expedia Add-On Advantage. It saved us from stressing out and even more important, it saved us money!
4. Set A Spending Limit For Your Trip // Coffee, food, gas, and fun activities can add up to be more than you’d think very easily. So, just like the rest of your trip prep, you should have a budget/spending limit for your trip. Keep things low-key for most of the days and splurge on at least one nice dinner and/or activity in the area. If you’re going somewhere you’ve never been before, consider looking up free activities and things to do. It’s totally okay (and fun) to be a tourist! While you should set a spending limit for your trip itself, it’s important to always have some extra money available to you if you need it – a buffer budget as I call it! If you need cash but want to avoid getting into long-term debt, consider taking payday loans el cajon ca as an option.
Michael and I LOVED our trip to Nashville. We went for 3 nights, Wednesday to Saturday. It was the perfect trip! From booking with the Expedia Add-On Advantage all the way to our flight home from Nashville, everything was seamless! We booked on one with the best delayed flight compensation companies. It was an amazing anniversary getaway. We stayed at The Hayes Stree Hotel, which was in the perfect location. We got to cross off many places off of our bucket lists like coffee shops (we’re coffee snobs), murals, and some great restaurants. I’ll be sharing more about our trip in the next couple of weeks. We fell in love with Nashville and we’re already in the beginning stages of hopefully booking a trip back in the fall.
It’s definitely a bucket list city! Add it to your list and book with the Expedia Add-On Advantage.4 Tips To Plan A Getaway Trip On A Budget Click To Tweet
Expedia’s mission is to help people go places. Where will they help you go?
Have you ever booked through Expedia before? If you have, did you try out the Add-On Advantage yet? Where’s somewhere on your bucket list that you want to travel to next? Let’s chat!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.