Hey there, darlings! I hope you’re having an awesome summer so far. I am, even though I am super busy and all over the place, haha.
I went to Atlantic City, NJ for the beach last week with some friends and it was a good time. It was the only time I was able to get to the ocean this summer, so I’m glad that I got to. There’s just something so relaxing about the ocean waves and the scent of the salt water. If I could, I would live by the ocean in a heartbeat! Anyone else with me?
One really cool thing about where Michael and I live is that we live just 800 feet from one of the lakes in our community! I just went down and enjoy the little beach for the first time last week and it was so nice. I’m definitely going to be making an effort to go there more while I can.
Since I’m loving all things sunshine and beach related, I figured it’d be a fun time to share my beach day/trip essentials with you!
[bctt tweet=”7 Beach Trip Essentials That You Need” username=”SummerTelban”]
7 OF MY BEACH TRIP ESSENTIALS:
1. Sunscreen // This is always going to be first on my beach trip list. Sun protection should never be neglected. You want to take care of yourself! I have been working on my tanning game a lot this summer and I haven’t once been burnt and it’s because I’ve been using sunscreen!
2. A Large Beach Towel // I was so happy to receive my newest and cutest beach towel from my FabFitFun Summer Box this year. It’s this Pineapple Beach Towel from Summer & Rose and it’s absolutely darling. It’s made from microfiber so that the sand won’t stick all over it and so it’s extra soft. I’m obsessed with mine! Grab one for yourself!
3. Water & Snacks // Water and snacks are soooo important when you’re spending the day out in the sun. You want to keep yourself properly hydrated and fueled so that you can last all day in the sun without a headache or feeling sick. I’m usually the worst at keeping up with water and snacks when on the beach, simply because I’m not ever hungry when it’s hot out. BUT! Sometimes you have to force yourself to do what’s best for yourself, especially when it comes to water and snacks.
4. Upbra Bikini Top // Okay ladies, I’m getting super real with you all right now and I’m sure some will resonate with this… I always have the hardest time finding bikini tops, especially ones that are really flattering. It’s no secret that I’m a petite girl overall, so I really love tops that make me feel really confident in my body. I wear bikinis for myself because they make me feel good. If you saw on my Instagram Stories last week, I got my first Upbra bra and bikini top in the mail! I have been loving both so far! I got their teal bikini top and the color is perfection – it reminds me of a mermaid, haha. As someone who is small chested, both of these pieces make me feel good about myself. Yes, yes – I do love myself as I am, but I’m all for accentuating. I’ll be sharing more about Upbra later this week. For now, know that if you’re in the market for a new bikini top that Upbra is the way to go if you want a little extra boost. 🙂
5. The Perfect Sunglasses // Sunglasses are probably my most favorite accessory in the summertime and I think it’s hugely important to invest in a good couple pairs. The sunnies I’m wearing in my beach photos are from Target and I LOVE them. You can grab them for yourself here. The other sunnies shown are from Forever 21 last year. Forever 21 actually has some decent sunglasses for cheap, which is helpful if you always want to have a pair on-hand at all times.
6. A Fun Beach Bag // When searching for the right beach bag, you want to consider size, compartments, and how fun it is! I love this beach bag from Summer & Rose (I also got this in one of my FabFitFun boxes a few months back). It’s the perfect size for a day trip and has a couple pockets inside of it. The material is great and makes the sand fall right off of it. The inside is lined, as well. Plus, the royal blue and white stripes just screams a day at the beach!
7. Medicine // It’s always a good idea to have some medicine with you at the beach. You never know when a headache or another ache will creep up. Excederin Extra Strength is my go-to for beach days because it works really fast for me.
Beach trips are the best, aren’t they? I’d love to know what some of your essentials are! Of course, they’ll include the basic necessities, but what’s a must-have you can’t live without at the beach? Share with me in the comments! Let’s chat!