Hey there, new and expecting parents! I’m so happy you’re here today. My youngest just turned one in March and since then, I’ve been thinking about rounding up my most used baby products for the first year of his life.
In the past, I have shared similar prompts that many parents found helpful. For example, here’s a blog post of our most used baby products in the first 2 months! I polled my audience on Instagram the other day, asking if a mega round-up would help them, and “YES!” was the poll’s winner.
I have narrowed down my favorite baby products to my top 10 most used baby products in the first year. I’m breaking them down below and sharing why we loved and used each of them so much. I hope it’s helpful!
TOP 10 MOST USED BABY PRODUCTS IN THE FIRST YEAR
1. Solly Baby Wrap – Babywearing is one of my favorite things about the first year with a new baby, especially during the first few months. I own multiple Solly Baby Wraps, and they are my favorite wrap I’ve tried over the years. They’re lightweight and incredibly soft, making the wrap comfortable for you and your baby. Solly Baby Wraps are designed to fit babies 8 to 25 pounds but I was able to safely use it with Jace from birth (he was a tiny babe at 5lbs 15oz). I consistently used my wrap until Jace really started to explore on his own around 9 to 10 months.
Benefits of babywearing with a Solly Baby Wrap:
- promotes bonding
- allows you to be hands-free
- reduces infant crying by 43%
- helps reduce postpartum depression
- calms gas and reflux
- custom comfortable fit
- hip healthy certified
I have a tutorial with tips about how to put on and put your baby in a Solly Baby Wrap over on Instagram Reels. Click here to check it out!
2. Hatch Rest Baby Sound Machine – We have been huge fans of the Hatch Rest Baby Sound Machine ever since Taya was a newborn. We actually have a Hatch Rest in every bedroom of our home… yes, even our master! That’s how much we love this sound machine. I love that I can control it from my phone and touch it with easy-access buttons on the device. There are multiple white noise sounds and nightlight colors to choose from. You can choose to program time-to-rise and time-for-bed settings among other custom options. It’s an absolute must-have for us and will be for years!
3. Skip Hop Wipeable Changing Pad – Skip the foam changing pad with cute patterned covers and go for the Skip Hop Wipeable Changing Pad! Seriously, you’ll be thanking me. We’ve used the Skip Hop Changing Pad for over 3 years now and it is a lifesaver, timesaver, and laundry saver! This changing pad is contoured, cushioned foam that has a non-skid base with a tabletop attachment. It has a safety belt and an optional fold-away toy bar. Unlike a classic changing pad, this changing pad easily wipes clean. It’s the BEST!
For the newborn days, I would add a receiving blanket on top of it so that my little one wouldn’t get a chill. Highly recommend doing the same if you’re worried about your newborn not being comfortable.
4. Tushbaby Hipseat Carrier – If you follow me on Instagram, you already know how much I love and swear by Tushbaby! Tushbaby is a strap-free, ergonomic hipseat that evenly distributes your baby’s weight, so you can carry your little one longer and more comfortably. It’s recommended by pediatricians, chiropractors, physical therapists, orthopedists, pelvic floor therapists, and spine surgeons.
You can carry your kid (up to 45 lbs!), stash your stuff, and save your back. Tushbaby can be used during the newborn days with baby being held in the newborn position, as well as for breastfeeding support. Tushbaby fits a 23-44 inch waist and you can add up to 24 more inches with their Waistband Extender. See a video of me putting mine on and it in action on Instagram here!
I have a running list of reasons why I love and swear by Tushbaby but here are a few of my top ones:
- Easy to get on and store my stuff (keys, snacks, pacifiers, diapers, wipes, wallet, and so on!)
- Gives my back incredible support – no back aches!
- Comfortable for my baby/toddler
- The ideal carrier for the toddler days – where one moment they want to be carried and the next they want to run free
5. Burt’s Bees Baby Sleep Sacks – Sleep sacks are all the rave in mom groups online and it’s for good reason. Sleep sacks are wearable blankets that are safe for babies and toddlers to wear during sleep time. You might be tempted to splurge on expensive sleep sacks but I’m here to tell you that the Burt’s Bees Baby Beekeeper Sleep Sacks are the best bang for your buck! They’re 100% cotton, 0.5 TOG, and unzip from the bottom (for easy diaper changes). These sleep sacks are soft and have always kept both of my babies comfortable during naps and nighttime sleep. Check out the print and sizes here!
6. Oogiebear Nose & Ear Gadget – I never used the Oogiebear with my first but I wish I had. The Oogiebear is the perfect alternative to an aspirator for grabbing boogies, as well as can be used for cleaning earwax. While the FridaBaby Nose Frida is great for when your baby is congested, the Oogiebear is better for use as needed, day-to-day. The scoop end removes baby and toddlers’ dried nose boogers and earwax. The loop end lassos sticky snot. Oogiebear is safe and comfortable for babies and easy to grip for parents.
7. Earthly’s Teeth Tamer – Whether your baby is an early teether or doesn’t cut their first tooth until they’re a year old, teething pains are rough for little ones. Earthley’s Teeth Tamer soothes drooling, irritability, and pain due to teething or toothaches and is made of only pure, organic ingredients. Earthly Teeth Tamer was recommended to me by a dear friend and I now swear by it! It’s natural teething relief that’s safe for babies. It’s provided Jace with instant relief. I can’t recommend it enough!
8. Pipette Baby Lotion & Baby Balm – Pipette Baby Lotion and Baby Balm have been favorites of ours since my first was a newborn. The lotion is fragrance-free, hypoallergenic, and lightweight. It gently nourishes your baby’s sensitive skin without causing irritation. The Pipette Baby Balm is a holy grail favorite for when my kids need some extra attention on dry patches. It’s also great for baby massages! I highly recommend the Pipette brand!
9. Triple Paste Diaper Rash Cream – Triple Paste is hands-down the best diaper rash cream I have ever used on both of my kids over the years. It’s essentially magic! Triple Paste diaper rash ointment is free from fragrance, alcohol, talc, dyes, parabens, phthalates, and preservatives, making it gentle enough for daily use and safe for even the most sensitive skin. It’s great to use as a preventative and for instant relief!
10. 2-Way Zipper Footie Sleepers – Skip the footies with snaps and go for the ones with 2-way zippers! Footies with a 2-way zipper are a game-changer for easy and quick diaper changes. Being able to unzip from the bottom to change your baby’s diaper helps make the process quick and more comfortable for your baby. We love the rib knit footies from Old Navy but you can also find 2-way zipper footies from many other retailers, like Little Sleepies, Carter’s, and Kyte Baby.
PIN FOR LATER!
I hope you found some baby products to consider as you add to your baby registry or look for a gift for a new mom. Follow me on Instagram for more real mom life content!