Sometimes it’s best to stick to one big-ticket toy when it comes to gifting toddlers during the holidays. Big kids’ toys are usually something they’ll play with and use for years. While the price tag may be on the steeper side, I like to look at it as more of an investment – into creativity, learning, and of course, fun! A dozen of smaller toys create clutter around the home and often times kids can lose interest in them quickly.
If you’re looking to change things up, consider spending what you would on a bunch of small toys on one big-ticket toy for your toddler. I’m helping you out big time today! I’m sharing five of our favorite and most intentional big-ticket toys for toddlers below for you.
Affiliate links – there are affiliate links used in this gift guide. If you choose to make a purchase through one of my links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you.
Big Ticket Gifts For Toddlers
1. Lily & River Little Climber – The Little Climber is designed to enhance your children’s motor skill development, balance control, creativity, and so much more. We have had a Lily & River Little Climber (Pikler triangle) since Taya was a year old but it’s safe for use from 6 months and up. We LOVE it! One of my favorite features of the Little Climber is that it folds away for easy storage when not in use. It’s made of natural premium hardwoods with a baby-friendly sealant.
We have the ladder/slide attachment and they also have a rockwall/slide attachment.
You can get 15% off with my code: 15SUMMER
2. Lily & River Little Rocker – Just like the Little Climber, the Little Rocker is the smart home playground designed to enhance your children’s motor skill development, balance control, creativity, and so much more. Little Rocker grows with your little one and is made for children ages 18 mo+. Climb, rock, rest, hide, and play! We’ve had Taya’s Little Climber since this summer and she loves using it as a seat in the reading nook of her room and as an addition to her Little Climber. The mat is also removable!
One of the best things about Lily & River is their playground toys can all be used together. The ladder attachment fits right onto The Climber and The Rocker (when used as a climber) making for a customizable and fun obstacle course.
Check out all that Lily & River has to offer HERE! Use my code to get 15% OFF – 15SUMMER
3. Step2 Mobile Helper – The Mobile Helper allows toddlers to participate in fun learning activities at counter and table height, boosting confidence and independence. We just got the Step2 Mobile Helper for Taya after wanting a learning tower for a long time. She loves it! Taya has a heart for helping. She enjoys helping me with the dishes, laundry, and other things. The Step2 Mobile Helper makes activities easier for both of us.
It’s easy to assemble and adjusts as your toddler grows. The enclosed safety bar helps minimize fall risks and even has storage for activities tools or snacks. The bottom step has a hidden storage compartment. The Mobile Helper has non-slip feet to keep the tower in place, keeping your toddler secure.
It has a classic look, making it a good fit for any room, and it is easy to clean after activities. It is by far one of my top toddler must-haves!
4. Toddler Play Kitchen – A play kitchen makes for great pretend playtime for any toddler. I’m partial to the IKEA Duktig Play Kitchen since I was able to give it a makeover. It’s $99.99 and it cost us roughly $40 to personalize it. If you haven’t read my blog post on it yet, go check it out here: DIY IKEA Duktig Play Kitchen Boho Makeover. If you’re not into DIY but you think a play kitchen would be a great addition to your toddler’s playspace, I have some great ones linked below. Many are on sale right now!
Side note: For pretend play food, utensils, and more, we love all of our Coco Village wooden toys. They also have a ton of pretend play kitchens, furniture, and more. They’re incredible! Get 10% off Coco Village with my code: Summer10
5. Tonies Toniebox – The Toniebox is an imagination-building, screen-free digital listening experience that plays stories, songs, and more. Taya just got hers so we’re still exploring it but it’s been a hit so far! She has the Toniebox Playtime Puppy Starter Set in Red. The starter set includes a charging station to power the Toniebox battery (up to 7 hours of battery life) and an instruction manual. The included Playtime Puppy Tonie features a select compilation of the most popular children’s songs for playtime including Wheels on the Bus, If You’re Happy and You Know It, Baby Shark, and more!
Once your kiddo has a Toniebox, you can purchase additional Tonies characters from Disney, Sesame Street, and tons more. Taya has the Disney Winnie the Pooh, Sesame Street Elmo, and Spot’s Fun with Friends Tonies.
[bctt tweet=”Gift Guide: 5 Big-Ticket Gifts For Toddlers” username=”SummerTelban”]
Be sure to keep up to date with all of my blog post gift guides of the season by clicking HERE or hitting the “Holiday Gift Guides” page showcased in the leader menu of my site. More gift guides coming your way soon!