– October wasn’t the best month for me. It was filled with high anxiety and stress, and too much discouragement to bear. Sadly, it’s continuing into November, but I’m hoping it’ll all start to get a little lighter soon.
– You may have noticed a few things have started to change around here! I have changed up my colors to make it feel more “me”. We’ll see how long this lasts.
– As I mentioned, I have been dealing with a heavy ton of discouragement and while everything in my life right now is pouring into that feeling, a huge part of it is not knowing what I’m supposed to do anymore. I am trying to go after my passions, but nothing is working. I don’t know how much longer I can go on and work hard if I don’t end up seeing something from it.
– Getting my first Starbuck’s red cup of the season was probably one of the most exciting things that’s happened to me lately, haha.
– I recently opened up on Instagram. I shared briefly about my depression, anxiety, and shame that I have been dealing with.
These are words that I try to recall when I’m deep in struggle, like I am right now. I’m in a nasty season where I’m hurting and numb at the same time. Depression, anxiety, and shame are all very real. The dishes and emails have been piling up and the nightmares are becoming more frequent. I’m always on high alert and stupid things make me feel like a failure…for example: I don’t know how to cook and I don’t want to learn because it makes me anxious. Shame is constantly reminding me of how I “should” be or where I “should” be. It feels like a never-ending cycle and I’m left exhausted and empty. I have been better and I want to be better, but I’ve been here before and I know that it takes time. Here’s to the hope I have in the Lord, small steps, and progress, not perfection. If you’re struggling, please know you’re not alone.
Now let’s move onto blog stuff.
Grab a cup, get caught up //
From my sponsors – grab another, you’ll love these //
– Chandler shares on How To Avoid Blogger Burnout.
– Vintie Design Co. has the most perfect travel inspired items for the home!
– Liv shares 5 Things To Do When You Need A Break But Can’t Take One Yet.
– Bri totally rocked out her Fall Stripes in her fashion post.
– Chelsie shared her Favs & Fails of October in her link-up!