I usually write a “happenings” post once every four weeks or so, but there’s been so much that’s happened in the past two and a half weeks that I decided I’d write my June post early. I have been preparing for a bit of a blog break, since Michael and I’s big day is just next Friday! I will be actively online up until then, but for a good week after the wedding (our honeymoon), I will not be actively online. I do have some posts scheduled to go live my week away, including some guest posts, so don’t forget to check back here and there.
– Last Monday, I came up to Rochester to focus on all things wedding. It’s been hard planning a wedding 6 hours away, but I just feel such a peace finally being up here.
– I am just now starting on all of my DIY decorations and it’s been a blast so far. I am so glad I am keeping things classy and simple. There is a such thing as going overboard!
– My youngest sister, Corryn, graduated high school. I am SO proud of her and all of her accomplishments. She graduated with a 4.1 GPA and was a part of the National Honor Society. She’ll be attending the College of the Atlantic in Maine this coming fall.
– Michael and I had an Ikea date last week and I got my first “grown-up” desk. I am beyond excited to decorate my new office space once I move in with him.
– While at Ikea, I picked up two new succulent friends – Fern (shown in photo) & Fallon. I am not crazy for naming my plants, I promise.
– We got our marriage license!
– Everyone keeps asking me if I’m nervous for the wedding and no, I’m not nervous at all. Honestly, it doesn’t even feel like I’m getting married next week! It’s all so surreal.
Grab a cup, get caught up //
– I shared about how sometimes you have to Just Be Still.
– I have decided to start up a mood board series and my first one was A Floral Mood.
– I put together a list of 10 Things Your Blog Must Have.
– I let you all in on A Sneak Peak of my wedding details.
– I have put together a list of 10 Refreshing Summertime Drinks that you must try.
From my sponsors – grab another, you’ll love these //
– Emily shared about her great Trip to the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles.
– Sara shared her heart on Tips for Starting Counseling.
– Kara opened up and got vulnerable in her post The Lie.
– Lisa from The Artful Sojourn is currently over in India, training women to make jewelry.
– Hannah shares 7 Simple Way to Remain a Lifelong Learner.