Wow, wow, wow. We’re in Quarter 2 already?! Gee! Well, let’s dive right in!
If you’re new around here, I love to share some of my big goals for each quarter at the start of each new quarter. I used to do monthly goals but felt it wasn’t intentional for me, as many of my goals kind of roll into each month.
Before jumping into my goals for Quarter 2, let’s take a look back to see how I did on my goals for Quarter 1… I’m nervous, you guys!
QUARTER 1 GOALS – REVISITED:
1. Get Consistent With My Newsletter // I wouldn’t exactly say that I have been consistent with it per se, but I have definitely stepped up my newsletter strength a little bit. Email marketing does not come easily to me and it’s honestly quite frustrating, but I’m trying to be patient with myself throughout the ever-long learning process.
2. Work On My Next Big Resource For Bloggers // Aside from brainstorming, this went nowhere and it bums me out so much. I was overly ambitious at the start of the year, haha. To be honest, my original plan is on the backburner for now because I’ve found different areas I’m more passionate about and want to focus my energy there.
3. Stay Consistent With My New Instagram Stories Series // Another huge nope! Again, I was sooooo ambitious when I set my original goals for Q1. While I thought this would be a fun and intentional way to grow my community on Instagram through IG Stories, it ended up not being realistic. BUT! I have been on Stories a ton more this year and I’m loving it!
4. Step Up My Affiliate Marketing Strategy // Ehhhh yes and no. I had a “light bulb” moment last month. I realized that the reason why affiliate marketing isn’t a huge money maker for me is that I’m all about affordable life & style. You’re not seeing me link Gucci and high-end brands. Nope. I’m linking bargain finds from Target and many other retailers that I truly love.
1. Get Back Into Yoga & My Workout Routine // About that… yeah, it didn’t happen. *hides face* I did start a 30-day yoga challenge but wasn’t able to stay consistent with it.
2. Get Some Projects Done Around The House // YES! This is one thing I’m very proud of. I started spring cleaning early and we’ve been doing a ton of projects around the house. 🙂
3. Get Back To Studying The Word // Another yes! I’m actually just starting some devotionals that are focused on dealing with anxiety. My anxiety has grown crazy the past couple months so I’m trying my best to lean on the Lord through it all.
4. Try To Relax // The key word here is “try”, haha. But really, I tried really hard to relax. While January was a great month, February and March absolutely exhausted me in every way possible.
GOALS FOR QUARTER 2:
– BLOG GOALS –
1. Make My Pinterest Strategy Even Stronger // I have really learned how to leverage Pinterest to my advantage over the past 6 months. My highest traffic referral is Pinterest and I want to keep that up! My plan is to keep the bones of my current strategy and then start to incorporate more experimenting with keywords, hashtags, and more.
2. Update Old Blog Posts // I’m also wanting to grow in SEO (search engine optimization)… aka: be found on the 1st page of Google for as many searches possible. 😉 When I first started blogging, I had no idea what SEO even was which leaves me a lot of cleaning up to do from years past. This also includes updating pinnable images for Pinterest and updating any links.
3. Amp Up My Travel Content // I have some big ideas for my travel content but hey, it requires traveling to actually execute travel content. 😉 I am planning some bigger travel ideas for later down the road this year but I also want to make the most of my more local travels. I am hoping to book a press trip sometime this quarter, as well.
– PERSONAL GOALS –
1. Get Back To Working Out/Yoga // I have had excuse after excuse with being busy this last quarter for not working out but I’m stopping that. I want to work out and practice yoga so I am going to do it. I’m claiming it. I’ll start off small so that I can focus on growing an intentional routine that works for me.
2. Take Things Day-By-Day // I’m trying to focus on taking things one day at a time lately, especially in my personal life. I want to take my time. I tend to overwhelm myself whether it’s with my to-do lists or my thoughts and I want to stop those habits.
3. Focus On Hope // I have always been a bit of a realist who struggles with pessimism (when it comes to myself) but I need to knock it off, haha. I will never be an overly positive person because quite honestly, I think it’s a disservice to yourself when you neglect every aspect of a situation and only focus on the positives. Hold up! Let me finish. 😉 Instead of focusing on *positivity*, per se, I’ll be focusing on hope.
What are some of your goals for Quarter 2? Do you have work and personal goals? Let’s chat!