I know we’re not there just quite yet, but we’re almost halfway through 2015. Strange, right? Back in January, I had posted about some of my blog related goals for the 2015 year. I decided to revisit them, check in and see how I’m doing, as well as adding some new goals to the list. I love always having something to work on.
Blogging Goals // Revisited –
1. Engage – One of the biggest reasons why I started blogging was so that I could connect with others and encourage others. I started blogging on Tumblr and from there, it’s impacted my entire approach to blogging and the internet world as a whole. I aim to be authentic and down-to-earth, because that’s what I crave most from people – genuine and meaningful heart and conversation. I try my best to reply to every comment I receive on a post, because I want you to know that I you are heard and that I am interested in your point of view. I love when others feel heard and only hope that my content and conversation expresses that.
2. Community – This ties in with my first goal of engaging with you all. This one is more specifically towards the blogging community and finding other bloggers and creatives who have a similar heartbeat. Passion is fuel and when I’m surrounded by individuals who are go-getters and work hard, it helps me grow in my passion and as a person. I am currently involved in some blogging groups right now and am loving the community I have in them.
3. Sponsorships & Advertising – I have been offering advertising through Passionfruit ads for 6 months now and have been enjoying my experience so far. This is an area that I focus a lot of time and energy on, as I want to promote and give a high amount of attention to my sponsors. As much as I love hosting sponsors, it’s definitely been a fun adventure dipping my toes into sponsoring other bloggers, as well. If you haven’t sponsored a blog yet or if you have been wanting to offer sponsorship, I encourage you to try it out! It opens doors for you to connect with other bloggers and grow your own blog in the process.
4. Giveaways – I have hosted and have collaborated with many other bloggers through giveaways ran through Rafflecopter and loop giveaways, which happen on Instagram (but are not associated them). Giveaways are awesome opportunities to gain new readers and increase your overall social media reach. It’s all about networking, while making it fun for your readers and new guests, who hopefully come regulars! I look forward to being a part of more giveaways.
5. Launch a Shop – This goal is still in its very beginning stages. I know I have talked briefly about launching a shop here and there, but have kept the most of it a secret. Not to be a stinker, but I’m still keeping it secret until more details are set-in-stone and some big steps are being taken. To be honest, I have been a little discouraged because I have all these dreams, but they all require money, which is something I don’t have much of being a recent college graduate, and let’s be real, a young person. But! I am excited and am looking forward to when I can share what my project is with you all.
Mid-Year Blogging Goals //
I still want to continue to grow in each area that I have been working on this year, but I have a few more blogging goals to add to the list.
+ Consistency – Consistency is something that I really aspire to always be reaching for when it comes to blogging and social media. From my blog’s mission to producing fresh, relevant content and everything else in between, I want to stay steadfast in everything I produce.
+ Aesthetic – This ties into consistency a bit. Since the relaunch last summer, I have been easing into the groove of what blogging niche and feel suites me best as a blogger, writer and creative. I am still growing in simplicity and plan to continue to, and in this time I want to develop an overall “feel” for my blog and creative spaces.
+ Write More – I don’t know if it’s been because of the stresses of school, wedding planning and life that I haven’t been able to write as well as I’d like to or what, but I want to write more and write better. I don’t want to put out content that was thrown together in five minutes and has no heart behind it. Even on the days I don’t know what to write, I want to challenge myself to write anyway, even if it’s just a paragraph or a few topic idea. I want to invest into each post and make sure my heart can really be felt through whatever kind of post it may be.
Well, that’s a wrap for my almost mid-year check-in on my blogging goals for 2015. What are some of your blogging goals for 2015? Have you made any new goals since the start of the year? I’d love for you to share in the comments.