Happy Monday, everyone! Gosh, how have you been? I feel like I have been so MIA lately. I know I’ve been decently consistent in keeping up with blog content, but it’s been hard to keep up with comments and social media. To say life has bee a crazy rollercoaster lately is simply an understatement. I don’t even know where to begin to even try to explain everything. So, I’m not going to explain anything except that I can’t wait until life slows down again, haha.
A couple months ago, I shared about taking care of yourself and keeping up with self-care during your busy seasons of life. While many of those are true for all the time, there are some others that you should take part in this week! Some are “treat yo self” type of activities and others are more relaxing. I hope you can participate in at least one of these this week!
7 WAYS TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF THIS WEEK:
1. Remind Yourself Of Your Dreams // When you’re busy or simply worn out by the everyday life, take the time to remind yourself of your dreams. Write them down and write down the steps you need to take to achieve them. Brainstorm an ideal process on how to reach them and be excited for the journey.
2. Find Some New Music To Enjoy // I love, love finding new tunes and artists to listen to. Music has always been a huge part of my life, and it’s gotten me through some pretty dark seasons of my life, as well. Join Spotify and look through artists you already love and then click on “related artists” to discover some new bands and artists. This is one of my most relaxing and satisfying things to do once in awhile. I encourage you to do the same!
3. Call A Family Member Or Old Friend // Take time out of your week to call at least one family member or old friend. It’s so uplifting and edifying to just have conversation with trusted family and friends. I try to call my grandparents at least once a week, and it’s always a conversation that I need. It makes me feel so much joy, and the other awesome thing is that I know it does the same for them.
7 Ways To Take Care Of Yourself This Week Click To Tweet
4. Try A New Workout // Exercising is one of the most healthy things you can do to take care of yourself. Something that’s been huge for me is not treating exercise like a chore. If you treat it like a chore, you’re always going to want to put it off. Exercise can be fun, my friends! I personally love some cardio and upbeat dances, haha. It works for me and gets me feeling great about myself.
5. Purchase A New Outfit (Or 2) // Ladies, let’s be real – a new outfit can make us feel like we’re on cloud 9, right?! It definitely makes me feel good about myself and it makes me feel renewed. I don’t know what it is, but buying a new shirt and cute sandals makes me super giddy in the summertime. Oh, and I can forget a cute summer date night dress! Check out my picks below!
6. Listen To A Podcast // Podcasts are something I’m just recently trying to get into and make a regular activity in my life. There are so many different kinds out there. There’s truly at least one for everyone! What’s something you’re passionate about? For work or for fun. Have you thought of something? Look up a podcast on that topic! Bloggers and entrepreneurs, drop me your favorites below!
7. Get Some Laughs In // Laughter is really the best medicine somedays. Whether it’s a bad day or the best day ever, laughing is a complete need-to-have, every single day! Who agrees? My husband and I love watching Fail Army videos on Facebook, as well as John Crist’s videos. What’s something that never fails to make you laugh?
What’s something you’re going to do to take care of yourself this week? Anything on this list?! Has anything on this list inspired you? Let me know below! Let’s chat! 🙂
Don’t forget to connect with me on social media!
Coffee With Summer occasionally receives vendor/brand sponsorships for mentioning their products and services to keep this blog going. I always share about products and brands you’ll love.