Hey loves! Happy September! I’m glad to be seeing a new month because a new month always makes me feel refreshed and it reminds me that it’s okay to press the “reset” button.
I have been struggling with a lot of things lately. From balancing Taya’s naptimes between blog work and housework… all of the way to focusing on myself and my needs as a new mama. It’s a lot of work and it’s definitely not easy. I truly believe that the pandemic has hugely affected my postpartum struggles. I will share more about my postpartum journey so far soon. That definitely has to be a post all on its own, haha.
I haven’t been sharing new content here on CWS like I used to but I plan to change that. I’m just needing to give myself grace with figuring out a new process! With that being said, I do have a ton of ideas in the works. 🙂
– HAPPENINGS –
- Taya is 6 months old! How crazy, right? Time is just flying and I’m doing my best to soak in every single moment with Taya. She is a mighty little girl! She’s sitting up unassisted like a pro, is interested in crawling, and has started (and is loving) solid foods!
- We are taking the baby-led weaning approach to solid foods rather than traditional spoon-feeding. To be honest, Taya was definitely ready for solids for a while but we waited until 6 months which is what’s recommended. We do include some purées but Taya feeds herself, so I’m considering that still BLW. I’ll load the spoon and then she grabs it from me so quickly, haha. We are loving this new adventure!
- We hit 6 months of exclusively breastfeeding and celebrated with a milk bath photo session for Taya. We had a blast taking the photos… even though it was messy. I’ll be sharing a blog post with tips very soon! While on the topic of breastfeeding, I got a beautiful breast milk keepsake ring from Revivisence and I’m so in love with it. Alyssa, the owner, did an incredible job preserving my milk and making it into a precious keepsake that I’ll pass down to Taya one day. Use code: SUMMER for 10% off with Revivisence!
- I have a new-found love of all the true-crime podcasts. I definitely prefer true-crime podcasts that cover 1 case over a whole series but Crime Junkie has been my go-to lately! Love that it’s quick and easy listening. Give me all your recommendations!
– BLOG STUFF –
I know I keep saying I have a ton in the works… I really do but finding time to execute has not been easy. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with all of my ideas that I end up not knowing where to start so I simply don’t. It’s a bad habit that I need to kick for sure. Anyway, thank you for sticking around through all of the seasons here. You keep me going!
– PRESETS: COMING SOON! –
Yes, you read that right. I am finally going to start selling my photo presets! This has been requested of me by you for years but I never wanted to simply because *everyone* sells presets and I didn’t want to add to the noise. Editing photos has always been something that’s brought me joy. I love seeing the before and after, and the process in between. I have been working on putting the finishing touches on my presets over the past couple of weeks and I’m hoping to launch them sometime mid-September! They will be compatible with the free version of the Lightroom mobile app. STAY TUNED!
– TIKTOK –
I have been having a blast on TikTok ever since the beginning of quarantine. I never thought I’d want to join and I did so for the laughs… but quickly fell in love with creating content for TikTok. TikTok is now my most largest and popular platform of content (aside from my blog site) and I’m excited about its potential. I started creating content on TikTok for fun and as a way to get my creativity flowing again, but I’m definitely interested in pursuing it as another source of income. I love being a content creator!
@summertelbanWhich is your favorite?! We’re looking forward to fall! ##whatidwear ##babyedition ##fitcheck ##babiesoftiktok ##MeTime ##TimeforTENET ##ColorSelector♬ Stunnin’ (feat. Harm Franklin) – Curtis Waters
– BABY PRODUCTS WE’RE LOVING –
- This Nuby Banana Teether/Massaging Toothbrush
- These Silicone Bibs
- This Door Jumper that’s only $21! Sturdy and safe!
- This Soft Sensory Crinkle Ball
And that’s a wrap, for now, friends! I’ll be sharing more soon.