I hope you’re having a wonderful Tuesday, my sweet friends. I’m so glad you’ve stopped by CWS today because we’re chatting about something really important today.
I polled some of you on Instagram and Twitter the other day and asked you which self-care focus you needed to hone in on more: confidence or self-talk? The results were super close! On Instagram, confidence was the most voted. On Twitter, self-talk got the most votes.
When it comes to taking care of ourselves, I think that having confidence in who we are and learning how to put positive self-talk into practice are two very key things. Both confidence and self-talk go hand-in-hand in creating a healthy focus and mindset on life, our situations, and most importantly, ourselves. In the world we live in, it can be hard to stay confident in ourselves and leverage positive self-talk to its fullest potential.
[bctt tweet=”Confidence and self-talk go hand-in-hand in creating a healthy focus and mindset on life, our situations, and most importantly, ourselves. ” username=”SummerTelban”]
I get it. I struggle with having self-confidence and putting positive self-talk into practice. Each day, they’re both a struggle for me. It’s not that I don’t love myself or know that I am capable, it’s just that it can all be very overwhelming some days.
If you resonate with any of the above, today’s post is for you.
Since confidence and self-talk work together and make beautiful harmony when they do, I thought it’d be fitting to share some tips for both. First, let’s dive into self-talk. If we get positive self-talk down, confidence will always follow after it.
HOW TO PUT POSITIVE SELF-TALK INTO PRACTICE:
1. Get Out Of The Negativity // First thing’s first, you’ve got to get out of the negativity. Negativity can take over your life from the second you let it into your life. I know many of us (myself included) can be pessimists when it comes to ourselves but we’ve got to stop that. The second we feel negative thoughts creeping in or the second we find ourselves in a negative atmosphere, it’s on us to remove ourselves and to change our thoughts. I know, I know. It’s not easy. But, we are more than capable to kick the negativity.
2. Recite Self-Affirmations Aloud Each Day // Okay, I’m going to be real with you all here and let you know that I thought this was the cheesiest thing ever. I always see so many people encouraging others to look in the mirror and say positive things about themselves, and that by doing so, you can change your perspective. I was wrong. While yes, it is a bit cheesy it really can help change your mindset from the get-go.
Related Reading: 35 Self-Love Affirmations
When you choose to speak life and love over yourself, you can change how you think about yourself. Even if the words coming out of your mouth aren’t what you’re feeling, by reciting them you’re giving them the power to become true. There’s nothing crazy or magical about it. Your words have power. Use them to love on yourself.
3. Talk To Yourself Like A Friend Would // Friends are gentle and loving towards you. If your friends aren’t, then it’s time you’ve kicked them to the curb and got some new friends. You don’t have time for toxic people. Anyway, even in times of failure and trouble, your friends are there to lift you up, not condemn you. Be your own friend. Take up the actions and words that your friends do when you’re feeling down and out.
[bctt tweet=”How To Put Positive Self-Talk Into Practice” username=”SummerTelban”]
Combining positive self-talk and confidence should come naturally with practice. Again, it’s not easy to implement right away. It takes time to train your mind to focus on the positives instead of just the negatives.
BOOSTING YOUR CONFIDENCE WITH SELF-TALK:
1. Know Your Strengths & Weaknesses // I feel like there are so many people out there that will encourage you to only know your strengths. I think that’s very skewed thinking. You need to know both your strengths and weaknesses in order to continue growing in life and self-confidence! When you know you rock at something, that’s going to boost your confidence. When you know something is a weakness of yours, let it be used as fuel to work at it to become better. Remember, perfection is not attainable. How beautiful is that? But, if you continue to challenge yourself in a healthy way to grow, you’re going to grow your confidence.
Related Reading: 7 Ways To Love Yourself More
2. Wear What Makes You Feel Good // You ever have one of those days where you feel like nothing looks good on you? Yeah, I have them, too. So, put on your favorite outfit that never lets you down and have a dance party. If you’re in need of some new clothes, go get some. Don’t feel guilty for doing so! Go out and shop. Purchase only what you feel GOOD in and LOVE. It’s okay to spend money on yourself when you need to. A new outfit or two can always help us step up our self-confidence.
Side note: Dress for yourself. Don’t dress for anyone else, ever.
3. Embrace Your Whole Self // Our insecurities can hold us back and trap us if we left them. Let’s not let them do that. You are so much more than your insecurities. It’s time that you start embracing your whole self and not just your insecurities. You are uniquely you and that’s worth celebrating and embracing. Whatever your jeans size is, however tall or short you are, and so on… you’re worth embracing yourself. When you choose to love all of yourself, your self-confidence will soar.
[bctt tweet=”It’s time that you start embracing your whole self and not just your insecurities.” username=”SummerTelban”]
[bctt tweet=”How To Grow In Confidence & Positive Self-Talk” username=”SummerTelban”]
How have you been growing in positive self-talk and confidence lately? I’d love to hear what works for you? What’s one of your go-to self-affirmations? Let’s chat, loves!