Friends, I am so happy to be back and blogging regularly again. February was such an unintended blog break for me due to the big move. It completely got me off track, but I’m trying to not let it get me down. It’s not easy, but I’m trying to remember there’s always room for grace. Goodness, it feels like an eternity since the last happenings post I wrote.
– HAPPENINGS –
- We are all moved in and are settling in just fine! We still have some unpacking to do. We’re blessed to be renting a house and oh my gosh, we’re loving the space that we have. It has a dishwasher and washer/dryer! We finally feel like real adults now, haha.
- I have a new home office that I’m working on organizing and decorating. It has a ton of natural light and I’m loving it!
- I’m working on getting my blog back up and running to where it was before the move. I need to get to monetizing even more than I was before. It’s a ton of work, but I’m so glad that I love it.
- I finally got my nose pierced last Friday! I have been on and off about it for years now, but I’m so glad I finally got it done. It was my birthday present to myself!
- I started a NEW side hustle that I’m really excited about. It’s called The Darling Lip Studio. After using LipSense products for the past few months, I have fallen in love with them and decided I needed to let every lady know about this life-changing lipstick. This product is too good to keep a secret. I’m so excited about this! Join my Facebook group to learn more!
- I went home to Massachusetts on my birthday and stayed through the weekend. My sister had her second baby shower and I can’t believe it, but baby boy will be here very soon! Like in a week or so soon! So excited.
– GRAB A CUP, GET CAUGHT UP –
- 7 Investments Worth Making For Your Blog
- How To Practice Positive Self Talk
- Life Lately & Moving Update
- March Goals
- Why You Need A Content Calendar For Your Blog
- Sass With Simple Addiction (& discount code!)
- 5 KEY Reasons To #StopFollowUnfollow
- Self-Care Tips To Beat The Winter Blues
- How To Get Out Of A Negative Rut
- 24th Birthday Q&A
– SOME OF MY RECENT FAVORITE INSTAGRAM CONTENT –
Do what is right, not what is easy. This past Friday I published a blog post about 5 key reasons why we need to #StopFollowUnfollow. I was prepared for it to ruffle some feathers, but I wasn’t prepared for the amount of people who agreed with me and resonated deeply with the post. The follow/unfollow “growth” trend in social media breeds anything but authenticity. The follow/unfollow method is the easy method to growing “community”, but it does nothing except discourage others and stunt your genuine growth. Want to read more? Click the link in my bio to read the post in full. I wrote this (along with some blog friends) because I believe in your potential and I don’t want you to settle for a method that’s really not setting you up for true success. Let’s step up and together, let’s do what is right, not what is easy. Grab a tee of your own over at @solidlightco!
– WHAT I’VE BEEN LISTENING TO LATELY –
Today, I’m sharing my brand new Spring Playlist with you all! I am so happy to share my favorite music with you all, and it makes me even more happy that you love learning about what I listen to. If you’re on Spotify, be sure to subscribe to my playlist! I’ll be adding to it all throughout the springtime. 🙂
– POSTS I’M LOVING THAT YOU’LL LOVE TOO –
- All About Mailerlite by The Confused Millennial (the post that convinced me to switch to Mailerlite from Mailchimp!)
- How To Set & Accomplish Goals That Stick All Year Round by My Fair Olinda
- Learning To Be Content by Kaycee Simpson
- A Pep Talk About Self-Care by Joy Lynn Lifestyle
What about you? What’s going on in your life? Anything fun and exciting? Is there anything you’re looking forward to in the next few weeks? Let’s chat!
Don’t forget to connect with me on social media!