Hey there, CWS fam! I hope your summer has been amazing and you’re soaking up the rest of summer as it comes to a close. I feel like this summer flew by way too fast. It’s been a few months since my last coffee chat post, so we are certainly due for one!
This was my first summer with two kiddos and it was definitely one to remember. Things have been crazy busy for me mainly because I’m trying to find a good balance between the kiddos, family time, work, and so on. I had a good groove figured out for a while but now that Jace is wanting to be engaged more, it’s a new season to navigate. Can you believe he’s going to be 5 months in a few days? Time is a wild thing.
I’m not going to lie – this season is a challenging one for me. Most days I’m thriving and on others, I’m simply surviving. I’m drained in every sense and constantly putting pressure on myself to do more and be more. I wish so badly that I could give 100% attention and focus to each of my little ones independently. My to-do list for work I want to accomplish is forever growing, just like the dishes and toys all over the floor, haha. It can be rough some days but I know I’ll get through this time and come out stronger.
– LIFE LATELY –
- In June, we got to visit both sides of the family so they could meet Jace. We drove up to Massachusetts and spent time with my family and later in the month, we drove up to Rochester, NY to see my husband’s side of the family. Both trips were memorable!
- In July, my best friend and I met in The Poconos for a weekend away. We were hosted by Camelback Resort for our stay. I highly recommend looking into staying there if you’re booking a trip to The Poconos anytime soon. We got to see one of our favorite bands, Halestorm, in concert at Montage Mountain and had a blast!
- The kids and I spent another week in Rochester earlier this month, so we got a lot of pool time in. Both my kiddos love the water – total water babies! Taya got her first haircut while we were there. I also switched up my blonde and went bold by adding lots of pink in. I LOVE it! I joke and say it’s my “almost 30 wildness”.
- We’re going on our family vacation the first week in October, so I’m really looking forward to that. A vacation is needed!
– IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: RECENT BLOG POSTS –
- Most Used Baby Products In The First 2 Months
- Beach Essentials For Babies & Toddlers
- Playtime Fun With VTech Kick & Score Playgym
- Mama Me-Time Must-Haves This Summer
- 7 Baby Products To Make Parent Life Easier
- Bentley Trike Stroller Review
– CONTENT UPDATES –
In late spring, I decided it was finally time for me to sign with a management company to help me secure more work with brands. I had gone back and forth about pursuing this for a couple of years, especially after having Taya. I used to have hours a week dedicated to pitching brands and negotiating with them but #momlife makes that hard to do these days. I still do some pitching and projects on my own but it’s so nice to have extra support here. I love, love my manager!
I am trying to get into sharing blog posts regularly again. It is hard to do since I have my hands full with the kiddos. Some days I don’t even get to open my laptop! With blog content, I always work from my laptop where Instagram, TikTok, and so on I can easily do from my phone. Pinterest is something I’m focusing on growing more again with their new Creator Rewards and Creator Fund monetization options. I don’t have either yet but I qualify, so I’m just waiting for the invite emails.
Last month, I celebrated 8 years of blogging and content creation! It’s amazing what first started as a hobby has turned into my profession. I love what I do and can’t wait to see what the future holds.
– THINGS I’M CURRENTLY LOVING –
- Mommy & me matching dresses from Ivy City Co. They are a dream! Taya and I are wearing their “Ophelia” dresses in these photos.
- My new TushBaby hip carrier! This thing is incredible for when I don’t want to wear Jace in a wrap or ring sling. It has pockets to store your phone and other essentials which are perfect for trips out. Code SUMMER15 saves you 15%!
- These neutral baby teethers for Jace! He loves the silicone car and tractor teethers the best.
- This “Girls Will Be Leaders” Sweatshirt Dress for Taya! It’s from Daisy Ever & Co – one of my sweet friend’s small shops.
- My go-to lip color has been NYX Butter Gloss in the shade “Bit of Honey” – the perfect everyday neutral.
- These Old Navy lounge shorts – they’re soft and comfy. I have them in two colors and am obsessed with them.
- Lily & River’s Little Rocker. We set it up in her little reading nook. Flip it over and it’s a great climbing piece on its own or paired together with other climbing gear from Lily & River. Code 15SUMMER will save you 15%!