Hey, hey! Let’s get this week started off with some CWS Happenings! I’m so glad you’ve stopped by CWS today because I’m sharing a ton – life updates, where I’m currently at, what’s to come, and so much more. *affiliate links
Let’s first dive into all thing life-related! Life has been nothing short of CRAZY the past few months for both work and life.
Last month, in my CWS Happenings post, I briefly shared that there would be some transitions happening very soon in my life. Well, there’s really only one transition happening! Michael started a new job that we’re both really excited about.
If you’re not familiar with what Michael does for work, here’s a bit of a rundown for you. Michael specializes in all aspects of live production (lighting, audio, video, etc.) and the building and installation of AVL (audio, video, lighting) systems. He is also an experienced musician and music director! He uses his gifts for God. He’s been working full-time in ministry since before we graduated college (before we got married). He has such a rich heart for worship and has a vision for every aspect of the worship experience, both musical and technological. He makes me so proud!
He’s now on staff at a church in the Lancaster, PA area as their Worship Arts Director. The church is currently about to undergo a renovation of a new building and Mike is going to be working alongside with the building team regarding the technological aspect of the project.
We are so thrilled about all of this! Now here’s where the bit of transition comes in. We live in the Poconos – just under 2 hours from his new workplace. So, it’s been a little bit to get used to. Thankfully, other than Sundays, he only needs to be in the office 2 days out of the workweek and then he can work remotely from home the other days. Even though he stays overnight one night a week, we’re ironically able to see more of each other now. 🙂
Where am I currently at? Lately, I don’t know. I’ve been in a funk for a little while now. My anxiety has been off the charts the past month or so and my depression keeps waving itself back in and out of my life for the past few months, as well. It’s been exhausting. I’m not sure what the root of it all is but I’m thankful for the support I have from my husband, my friends… and myself. It’s always been important to me to be aware of how I feel and why and even more importantly, to find ways to cope and solve those feelings. I’m proud of how far I’ve come throughout all of my years and I know this is just another temporary funk.
WHAT I’VE BEEN UP TO AND WHAT’S COMING UP:
Some really exciting things have been going on for me lately, especially blog work and traveling!
- I went to the Her Campus College Fashion Week event in NYC the other weekend. It was a blast!! I got to work with Ulta Beauty and I promise I’ll be sharing more soon… 😉
- This weekend I’m going home to visit my family in Massachusetts. I’m looking forward to seeing my adorable nephew! I’m also taking a day trip to either Boston or Providence, RI with my youngest sister. Either way, it’s going to be a blast!
- Michael and I are traveling to Orlando, FL in two weeks. He has a conference for work that he’ll be spending most of his time at. And me? Oh, I’ll be relaxing by the pool and soaking up the sun. I need a tan, desperately! BUT! We will have one day free and I got media tickets to Disney! It’s going to be my first time there ever. I can’t wait to go and share my experience. 😀
RECENT POSTS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED:
- Cabinet & Flooring Update
- Quarter 4 Goals
- My Self-Care Routine With Palmer’s
- How To Wear A Denim Mini Skirt For Fall
- 12 Self-Care Ideas For Fall
- How To Generate New Blog Post Ideas
- Fall Fashion On Amazon Under $35
- Staying Focused With OttLite Throughout The Day
- The Person Who Inspires Me
- Edgy Outfit For Fall
WATCHING… SO many shows, haha! I’m watching Manifest, NCIS, Blindspot, Bull, Grey’s Anatomy, Seal Team, and so much more. I’ve also been watching Pretty Little Liars on Netflix. I was so bored with it a bit ago but towards the end of Season 4, it finally picked back up… Needless to say, I definitely watched at least 12 episodes this past weekend, haha.
DRINKING… Blackberry Cucumber LaCroix. Seriously, so good and refreshing. You’ve got to try it!
EXCITED ABOUT… Working on furnishing our upstairs sitting room. We finally bought a rug and coffee table. Next up: a sofa, an accent chair, and accent chest to put a record player on.
WORKING ON… Planning our next DIY for our home. Since our kitchen is small, we’re revamping the closet in the upstairs hall to be a pantry closet. We have to paint the inside of the closet and then build in some shelving that can also be removable since that closet is also the only way into the attic. Let me know if you want to see a whole DIY blog post on it.
PLANNING… *Daydreaming* about travel plans. I’m currently planning my Orlando trip. I’m hoping to meet up with some local bloggers while I’m down there since Mike will be at a conference the majority of the time. If not, I’ll be glad to enjoy the sunshine. But Disney, that’s a lot to plan since we’re going to try to visit all 4 parks in 1 day!
How are you? What’s going on in your life? How has your October been? Let’s chat!